Time without signal...

Last Updated:

1. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have done lots of research on this, and Im confused at what to do.
    This is my first android phone, im trying to figure it out.

I have had sprint for a few months, and coverage inside my house is terrible. Dropped calls, late texts, slow internet on my Blackberry Tour.
    I got the Evo, so that i could use WiFi. But, im concerned that the low signal is killing my battery. Its been a lot worse, but at the moment im at 37% Time without signal.

Ive researched and found a few things:
    1- I dialed *#*#4636#*#* and switched to CDMA Auto Prl

2- Also, I use WiFi while at home, but i cant turn on airplane mode, because i need to answer some calls and some texts. However, leaving airplane mode off, im concerned it will kill the battery faster while its searching for signal.

Im thinking of calling sprint and asking for the 'Airrave'.
    Would that fix the time with out signal, give me better reception, and save the battery?

Advertisement
  2. hbfreekwan

hbfreekwan Member

if you root you can use a patch that lets you roam only. or use cyanogen mod its builtin to the settings.

if your confused basically you use any other network than sprint, most likely verizon.

surfologist87 likes this.
  3. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. I was thinking of doing that. Im not sure how verizons coverage is inside my house though.

Is the mobile network widget basically a 3G widget? While at home, i turn on Wifi, and turn off mobile network.

4. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Airave would be your best bet :)