Time zone/location service issuesSupport

1. sauckly

sauckly New Member

I'm Central time in USA and my phone is showing local time one hour ahead (phone says 8:00am but it is really 7am). This just started overnight. I have restarted the phone and it is still a problem.

Advertisement
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Go to Settings > Date & time and tell what settings you have ticked and what is selected in 'Select time zone'.
  3. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

This randomly happened to me off and on (maybe 4 times) over a 2 month period. It generally works itself out relatively quickly but it is annoying. When it happened to me my Weather Clock had a different time than the time in the upper right hand corner. I can't remember which had the correct time though. What carrier are you on? I am on Sprint and thought perhaps it had something to do with them. Definitely could be wrong about that.
  4. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Well-Known Member

Could be the Sprint network, you passing through no coverage and roaming area(s), or it could be your WiFi router time that's wrong. Also, it could be another router you are using and not your own (work, library, Starbucks, etc). These things will definitely throw off the time on the phone. Had to install an update to my router to resolve the issue with my EVO 4G or 3D about a year or two ago.
    KOLIO and marctronixx like this.
  5. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member

mine did it for a short period of a couple of weeks randomly.. one time.. it pissed me off, because my alarms didnt go off.. and i was late to work one day..

but it hasnt happened in a while..

Sprint, central TX
  6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

This issue is talked about in the Sprint forums. Nothing concrete as to the cause, but plenty of plausible theories, including daylight savings time/standard time unrecognized briefly, along with the things mentioned above.

I'd be pretty mad if my alarm didn't go off because of that. I'd be inclined to use my radio alarm until I saw a "known bug" resolution or an OTA or whatever from Sprint.
  7. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member

i started using my clock radio for alarm since that day..
  8. timmertc

timmertc Well-Known Member

I have 4 phones on my plan - 1 LTE & 3 WiMax. It's only the WiMax phones that are doing this (and have been for several months).

I contacted tech support, thinking it was localized problem (I thought maybe it was just one of my local towers). They had a tech look at the issue and it seemed solved for a few days, then it came back.

The fact that my 3 WiMax phones were doing it but my LTE phone was not was a strong indicator that it's the WiMax network. If you people are having the issue on your HTC One, then my assumption about WiMax was wrong.

So far, I've had no timezone issues on my One.
  9. ryanln

ryanln Member

I think this is a bug that has come along through HTC even back as far as the HTC Desire days.

When I travel to PEI, when I get near Victoria PEI (a very small town), my timezone goes 4 hours back, I assume its hitting Victoria, BC (Much bigger). This happened on my Desire back a few years ago, but not on my Galaxy Nexus. Now its an issue again on my HTC One.
  10. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Yeah, HTC have never seemed to have fixed it.
  11. Tlicious1020

Tlicious1020 Well-Known Member

I completely disagree with the notion there is a bug in the software in regard to time. That's an easy thing for a company like HTC to code. I've pointed out the different instances when the clock can be out of sync.
  12. Coachy

Coachy New Member

First post
    My HTC one is showing me in the middle of Russia, despite the fact that i am in UK. All the apps that use my location all say the same. Also and it might be incidental but in settings, about, phone identity, the phone number is NOT my phone number

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you
  13. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Try Settings > Location > Location Mode and set it to "device sensors only". That will use GPS but not WiFi or phone network. Get a fix (open Maps for example) and see if that relocates you. If it does it would suggest that the problem is in the mapping of wireless transmitters (i.e. with Google). Do you always have this, or only when in particular places?
  14. Coachy

Coachy New Member

Thank you for your reply

It has only started the past few days. Tried what you suggested but cannot find "device sensors only"
  15. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

That's odd - I checked my menu to see what it was called. Of course I may be on a different OS version, but they don't normally rename these things. What software are you running?

In any case, it's the "GPS only" option, however it is labelled on your phone. Turning off the wireless network based location is what we're after, but then you need to use GPS to get a location to see whether it changes.
  16. Coachy

Coachy New Member

I have

Wi Fi mobile network Location

GPS satellites

Let google apps access your location

wi fi scanning always available

These are all tick boxes

Please excuse me <<<<< techiphobe
  17. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

Turn off WiFi mobile network location and turn on GPS. Then try to get your location and see whether it's any different.
  18. bbbiby

bbbiby New Member

hey.
    i have a HTC ONE M7 and for the past 1 month my timezone changes from GMT+03:00 to CST (China Standard Time) UTC/GMT +8 hours . it is really frustrating because this changes happens random. I either have to reboot the phone or after a while it sets back to the normal timezone. the phone is set to get the automatic date and time. i have Android 4.4.2, HTC sense version 5.5. Can anybody tell me if they encountered the same bug? or what to do? thank you!
  19. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Usually the timezone is gotten from the cellphone tower, so I'd suspect a glitch in your carrier's operations. (Driving along a road that follows a timezone border, with towers alternating on either side of the line, will drive your phone nuts.)
    marctronixx likes this.