Timed out messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. ecclesrec

ecclesrec Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys - just got the Desire and I am having problems syncing my calendar entries to the phone. I have got my windows contacts in no problem. But when I try to put the windows calendar entries in I get an error/fail message telling me the phone has timed out.

Cannot find anything to help resolve this so hope you guys can shed some light on it.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ecclesrec

61 views and no one knows! :( I am guessing nobody has had an issue with it!

3. Maverick Rhino

Maverick Rhino Member

Exactly the same problem ... did you get it sorted?

4. ecclesrec

Unfortuntely not - going to have to mail HTC to see if they can resolve it. Will let you know the outcome as soon as I know...

5. ecclesrec

Have a reply

Thank you for contacting us. In regards to sync issue, I can help you with that. Due to the complexity of HTC syncronization and the issues that can occur I would recommend that you call our support centre as it would be much easier to deal with your issue over the phone. However you could try the following: If you have been using the same USB port each time you plug your device in, this may be because that port is

6. ecclesrec

Called HTC today and they have to look into it further as they are not sure of the fault. Very friendly though!

7. Maverick Rhino

Maverick Rhino Member

I'm also in contact with HTC on this.

I created a new calendar with no entries, and it synched fine. Then i added one test appointment and the synch failed again.

Its something in windows calendar it doesn't like I think.

8. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

HTC staff are very helpful and polite and friendly.

I had this problem once, and i cured it by removing the app from any of the pages, removed the account and rebooted and created the account, placed the app/widget on the front screen and hey presto works both ways, I can create and people can send me appointments - cool eh!

9. Maverick Rhino

Maverick Rhino Member

paul ... could you explain please?

which app did you remove? which account did you remove and recreate? which app/widget did you add to the front screen?

thanks

10. Maverick Rhino

Maverick Rhino Member

After 2 weeks of leading me through the uninstall/re-install/antivirus on/off pantomime HTC support have now come up with this:

"I was just told today that we only support synchronization with Outlook and not My Calendar. Officially it is not compatible which means that it may work and it may not work. If it doesn't work we can't give support. The reason for your problems is most likely compatibility because the phone connects to the PC without problems and the issues are not caused by antivirus programs and firewalls."

Oh well ... Google calendar it is then.

11. Mike_rt

Mike_rt New Member

Hi Maverick,

Is your ploblem still running? If so then here is my solution for that:

Go to Outlook / Calendar.

Then go write folder list, sellect Calendar and go to View / Current View.

Outlook data files.

Here you see all the data. Look for a faillure. If so delete it.

Than run HTC Sync.

Good luck.

Greetings

Mike_rt

For me this was the solution of the problem

12. optonia

optonia New Member

i tried most of the methods suggested above, to no avail :(the phone displays the (next step: "Unable to find the HTC sync on your PC... blah blah") immediately after connection. i've reinstalled htc sync, checked the drivers and restarted with the processes disabled. anyone have any idea?

13. mattgod69

mattgod69 New Member

this is such a frustrating issue..... sometimes it works sometimes it does not..... dont htc realise that we all have lives to lead rather than spending hours with their frankly rubbish software!

i should try v3, but i have read so many horror stories im not sure i want to!

cheers

matt

14. Maverick Rhino

Maverick Rhino Member

Version 3 supports Windows calendar and works for me. Bit late though as I switched everything to Google.