• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Timely Alarm App Freezes on Lock Screen Samsung S6

bleat22

Lurker
Apr 25, 2015
Anyone else that uses the clock/alarm app, Timely, having any issues with the screen basically freezing up on the alarm screen??

About 50% of the time when the alarm goes off it can't be disabled without restarting the phone. It's like the screen is disabled but it's turned ON. And the times it does work normally and you snooze the alarm, you can't snooze again because it's back to some strange frozen screen situation as described above. Once it's in this frozen screen state, nothing can be done on the phone without restarting the phone.

I tried several things to correct this issue like: re-installing the app, changed the lock screen type, and changed between power saving mode and non-power saving mode. So far nothing seems to correct the issue.

I've spoke with at least one other person who has the S6 and uses Timely as their alarm and thus far no issues.

Any ideas what's going on or what to try next????

I have the same issue. It seems to happen when I change screen orientation while the alarm is going off. If it sits on the night stand I can keep hitting snooze or turn the alarm off. If I pick it up and the screen changes orientation while the alarm is going off, that's when it locks up.
Also, you don't have to restart. Just go back to the apps page, reopen Timely and turn the alarm off.

Not a solution, but it makes it liveable for me. I still like it better than the default clock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones