Timescape Widget not updating! ?Support

Last Updated:

1. CoxJul

CoxJul New Member This Topic's Starter

My Timescape widget is not updating and still shows an SMS I received almost a week ago as the most recent message with caption "2 hours ago".

I have changed my facebook updates to "Update automatically = never" and not included in the main spline, but have SMS and emails regularly appearing which is what I want to see in the widget.

Anyone else got similar issue, or even better anyone 'had' similar issue and found a fix they'd like to share?

At the moment it's a big waste of screen space...

Advertisement
  2. kiwi45

kiwi45 New Member

Did you try to reboot the phone? At times my emails would not update in Timescape until I reboot the phone. Lame I know.

3. CoxJul

CoxJul New Member This Topic's Starter

I finally managed to drag the widget onto the wastebox to delete it* and then re-introduced it. Hey presto - up to date... well it was for a while anyway!

* anyone else struggling - you have to press it at the bottom of the widget and then once selected drag it ve..er...rr..ry slowly down to the bin, and release when it goes red. i was beginning to wonder if it was locked!

4. daviddakota

daviddakota Well-Known Member

Have you installed Task Killer or something similar? My Timescape wasn't updating after installing Advanced Task Killer, deleted it, and its updating.

5. cococcinoo

cococcinoo Member

I've noticed my Timescape Widget not showing the latest when I'm connected thru home wifi.... but when it's updated thru 3G, it's showing up to date one. I don't know why......

6. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

If you're using a task killer app like Advanced Task Killer or Advanced Task Manager, you'll want to add Timescape, Timescape Plug-In Manager, and Timescape Provider to the exclusion list so they don't get killed when tasks are killed.

7. benzmar

benzmar Well-Known Member

Hi, how did you get the timescape widget back to your home screen. I deleted it, and I do not know how to get that big screen back which is above the digital clock. Please advice.

8. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

long press on your honescreen go to Widgets and its in there.... or press the menus button from the home screen select add then add widget......

benzmar likes this.
  9. novalistic

novalistic Member

Timescape Widget required Half of the Screen, :(
    it occupied 2 rows (8 shortcut / icons) in order for you to display the Widget.

:cool: :cool:

10. benzmar

benzmar Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, it worked, and its back.

I have another issue. When I have not configured my Facebook & Twitter in T/Scape, I get a default Sony Ericsson T/Scape widget in Home Screen. After I configured my Facebook, and email, messages, and news and email started showing in my Home Screen in T/Scape window. I went to T/scape (after tapping that window), deleted all the messages and email and news. Now I see a plain blank T/scape window in Home Screen.

How can I get the default Sony Ericsson T/scape window in home screen.

Please let me know.

11. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member

i am having this issue with timescape not updating call log properly. i have everything people suggested here, but no luck. i have timescape in the ignore list for task manager. i do not have timescape plug-in manager or timescape provider. how do you add these two?

12. Turkoes

Turkoes Active Member

Hi All; I have a similar (yet different) problem with T/Scape. When I tap-into TS and/ or press referesh (within TS) my notifications highlights that it "could not connect to the internet" yet I have no trouble with the FaceBook widget/ TweetCaster widget and using Opera (or other things that connect to the internet. I've check my Task Killer and as far as I can see, there is nothing on there relating to TS - has anyone else has this issues (and over-come it)???