Timescape won't allow me to add facebook accountSupport

Last Updated:

1. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I'm new here. Just got an Xperia X10 with 2.1 on it a few days ago. So far I'm really liking it.
    Whenever I try to add my facebook account to Timescape, I get the following error: Authentication failed Connection failed

I used the same login info for the facebook application, and that works fine. Any idea why it won't work with Timescape?

Advertisement
  2. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

Authentication failed would usually indicate a wrong username (which is email address) and password
    have you double checked your details?

Peanut Butter likes this.
  3. hellsrage619

hellsrage619 Well-Known Member

Might be a long shot here but what email did you use when making your face book account?Its a long shot but i know Timescape hates yahoo.
    Also try and make sure you put your user name and password in as accurately as possible.I hate redoing it the stock keyboard sucks on 2.1.

Peanut Butter likes this.
  4. Peanut Butter

I definitely inputted the email address and password correctly. It's a hotmail address, not a yahoo one. I've tried this at least 10 times. There's no way I got the typing wrong every time. I used exactly the same info for the facebook application and that works just fine. It's really odd.

5. hellsrage619

hellsrage619 Well-Known Member

Well in all cases facetime is kinda pointless i like having a facebook and twitter widget instead.
    Also facetime has a tendency to only accept google accounts on mine and my sisters they wouldn't except anything but a google account.Have no clue why?
    Maybe it was just a bug idk.Maybe make a gmail account and a fake/new or change your email for your facebook and see if it works then?

6. Peanut Butter

Yeah, I'll try changing the email address and see if that works.
    Thanks.