timestamp wrong on smsSupport

Last Updated:

1. enek

enek Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else noticed that all incoming sms messages have the wrong timestamp? I'm on a Rogers phone. I always just assumed no one set up there timezone but I can't believe that anymore.

I wish it would just display the phones received time.

Advertisement
  2. MyWifeCar

MyWifeCar New Member

My experience, check with the network provider. It is their SMS application problem.

3. iudex

iudex Member

I also had the problem with 1 hour in difference, so I changed my timezone to 1 hour more.

4. timbro

timbro Active Member

this is a rogers problem, you cant fix it. rogers has yet to fix it. I started a support ticket 2 days after they released the phone and it is still not resolved. I been told supposedly there will be an OTA update to fix it. The default sms application is useless as it sorts all the messages incorrectly. download chompSMS to keep them in order

5. enek

I called Rogers Tech support again. They are well aware of this problem and will fix it (eventually). The guy I spoke with said they get calls about it all the time but he didn't know when the problem would be fixed.

6. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

I was first told mid july but.. obviously that didn't happen so I called again at the beginning of august and they said it would be mid august. Hasn't happened yet but.. it's only the 11th so we'll see. They said that it wasn't their problem at all and they were just waiting for HTC to fix it. I can't imagine HTC taking this long though. I'm guessing it's rogers' fault.

7. enek

I ended up using ChompSMS. It is a super slick SMS app in the Android Market. So many features to customize SMS settings. There is also a new app called "SMSFixTimes" in the market.

It was specifically made for canadians on Rogers.