TimezoneSupport

1. BPMatus

BPMatus New Member

I need a way to change the timezone manually, I am currently in Afghanistan, my phone is stuck in Newfoundland, and the date says it is jan 9th 1980.\

The options on my phone (Casion G'Zone Commando C771M120) for the time, timezone, and date are grayed out.
    I have called verison and they say that I have to be in the service area. Which is bull, but anyways any information would be nice.

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement
  2. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

I had this problem when I was in Mexico. Your phone is in airplane mode, right? No fix I could find. Now I have a ton of pictures timestamped to 1980
  3. BPMatus

BPMatus New Member

No my phone is not in airplane mode, how ever it was, when I was on the plane over here!
  4. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

You should be able to just disable Network Time settings, I am not used to Froyo so you might have to poke around, but in newer phones it is under Settings-Date&Time, but you have to disable the "Automatic" or Network Provided boxes first, then the grayed out fields of Date, Time, and Time Zone are editable.
  5. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Yeah, nevermind... it seems in the Commando you cannot disable set time automatically by network. Looks like without a valid signal, the time zone (or time itself), may never be correct.