[TIP] Getting MSL from updating handset

1. freesunshine

freesunshine Well-Known Member

This only works if you're updating a handset from your Boost account online. (Not sure it will work if you update to your old phone then re-update to your current device.)

Log in to your Boost account and click "Update handset". Enter the new MEID and go through the steps. At the last step (step 3), you'll see the following: MSL, MSID, and MDN (which is your own phone number.)

There you go, you now have MSL! I have mine! :D

Advertisement
    mysticspiral likes this.
  2. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

It works every time. Change to a different handset and then change back. Any cdma phone. Changing to a iDen device will trigger a different change setup and things will get complicated.

Log in. Change handset. Log out. Log in. Change back. Log out. The whole thing can be done in less than 4 minutes.

Thanks for pointing that out freesunshine. I've used it for months but never thought to make a thread about it.
    freesunshine likes this.
  3. rockdoctor1

rockdoctor1 Well-Known Member Contributor

The funny thing about this post...when i activated my phone online last year i just happened to print the directions. Looked back just for fun and my MSL number is listed on the print out.... :) Wrote it on the phone id tag (behind the battery) for future reference.