Tip - "HOW DO I" Settings with AndroidTips

Last Updated:

1. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

when sending text messages, is there a way to send the text from the message window without having to hit the button to make the keyboard disappear and then hit the send button

2. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

The send button should be to the right of the text window even if the keyboard is up, at least in Portrait mode. In Landscape you either have to hit menu and send or just minimize the keyboard.
    AM2 likes this.
  3. SniperDroid

SniperDroid Well-Known Member

Yeah, this kinda sucks. Oh well, something to get used to I suppose.

I will try to get used to it before trying any other keyboards.
  4. kmk

kmk New Member

Complete newbe from long time Palm user...... got my Evo yesterday, all synced to Google but is there anyway to sync cal for past events (I have info back to 1999 that I need to search at times) my Evo is only sync'ing 4 months back? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask,
  5. texasez

texasez Member

Am I looking in the wrong place for email settings? I see setting for account, general settings, send and receive, and notifications plus delete.
  6. SirSlayer

Hmmm, Mine is syncing back some 27 months. I looked online and on the phone for a setting but was unable to find one. You know, stuff that old, you should learn to just let go. ;) (just playing)
  7. SirSlayer

Thats them! what are you looking for specifically?
  8. phantomevo77

phantomevo77 Well-Known Member

New android user here. I need some help.

How do I turn off background data while still getting Push Gmail and weather updates?

How do I use a custom background, I go to home screen, Gallery, Astro, and select the downloaded image and it says it set the image, but it doesn't.

Thanks in advanced
  9. SirSlayer

As far as sync goes those settings are at Menu/Settings/Accounts & Sync. There may be other settings in the applications themselves.

When I open my Gallery I select an image. I then select Menu/Set as Choose Wallpaper. Then set the green box to the area you want to display. It can be made larger. Then click Save. It should set. If not See if you installed ATK or similar program to kill apps. It could be keeping it from working.
  10. phantomevo77

phantomevo77 Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch! It worked!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  11. FraGztr

FraGztr Well-Known Member

Hi guys.... I've Been fiddling around with the scene... Wondering if there's a way i can delete my custom scenes ive saved..? Ty
  12. SirSlayer

From the Main Window
    Select the scene you want to delete. Hit Menu Delete.
    zaaye and FraGztr like this.
  13. FraGztr

FraGztr Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  14. NorthBayX415

NorthBayX415 Active Member

What format do tge ringtones have to be? Mp3
  15. consiglere

consiglere Member

On my palm pre, I could make a call on the phone while I'm driving and transfer the call to the bluetooth of my car by selecting a button.

How can I do this on the EVO? While I'm driving all incoming calls go straight to my car but sometimes I may just want to transfer the calls back and forth from my car to my phone?
  16. SirSlayer

I have not tested this myself but I would imagine just turn off Bluetooth. There is a settings widget toggle for bluetooth that would make it a one button push.
    Hit the + button then widget/settings/bluetooth
  17. seaners

seaners New Member

Hiya fellow Evo owners. I hope everyone is enjoying their Evo as much as I am. I have one quick question and couldn't find any answers using the Search feature.

Does anyone know how to turn off/change the "green Android Robot" picture that pops up when you're trying to make a phone call?
  18. C0nfused

C0nfused Member

Is there any way to make it so that you can push one of the buttons on the outside of the phone to stop your phone from ringing? I used to be able to do that with my Instinct but can't seem to get that to work anymore. If not, not a big deal.
  19. SirSlayer

Not that I know of but check this out. If you take the phone and turn it over the ringer will silence. (I love that feature!!!)
  20. C0nfused

C0nfused Member

I'll try that
  21. rockman1117

rockman1117 Well-Known Member

If you use the text messaging app, Handcent, there is an option to setup a button to send it w/o closing the keyboard. the options are "Enter, ALT+Enter, or none" I think.

Also, Handcent has better overall themes and features. It's messed up in the market right now, so you have to go to the dev homepage to get it.
    AM2 likes this.
  22. Noodle3

Noodle3 Member

I can't seem to figure out how to really customize a scene with my EVO. Some of the preinstalled ones have smaller clocks or a smaller windowed Friendstream etc. I can figure out how to resize some of these for use in a custom scene.
  23. SirSlayer

First off there are sooo many widget options thats its hard to answer your question here. My suggestion would be to start with a clean slate. Then just start adding widgets till you find the ones you like. Just know that when you select clock....there are more options when you swipe left on some of them. Good Luck
    JackG058 likes this.
  24. ecooke21

ecooke21 Active Member

how can I edit/change the bookmarks in my bookmark widget?
  25. SirSlayer

Change the bookmarks when you are in your browser. What you set in the browser will change in the widget. ;-)
    skipbrown, hopalee and AM2 like this.