[TIP] How to backup SMS/MMS and Call Log automatically with Titanium Backup

1. Xruptor

Xruptor Well-Known Member

Hey all!

I came across this really simple to use guide by Razor02097 on the incredibleforum.com forums.

Simply put it's a step by step guide on how to setup your Titanium Backup to automatically backup your SMS/MMS and even your Call Log (read further down the thread) based on a schedule you provide.

Neat right?!

How to automatically backup your SMS/MMS messages with Titanium Backup (Rooted Users)

Here is a Titanium Backup howto by Tweebee:

Titanium Backup How-To

• [CONTACTS/CALLS] Contacts Storage 2.2 - this stores Call History
    • [SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage 2.2 - this stores SMS/Text Messages
    • [BOOKMARKS] Internet 2.2 - this stores the brower's settings and bookmarks

Advertisement
    tube517, j61101, Keybeeetsss and 4 others like this.
  2. Xruptor

Updated as I forgot to put the information on how to also backup the call log ;)
  3. 2008mustang

2008mustang New Member

Question, how do I restore those SMS, call log, etc after I've reflashed a different rom?
  4. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

you would just go to that in titanium and restore the data, not the app, is a system app and might be different on another rom.
  5. Xruptor

Pretty much what cwhatever said. All you have to do is load TB and scroll down the list to whatever you set to backup, like from this list in green.

Then just click on it and select restore data only. That's pretty much it.
  6. Grouch

Grouch Active Member

How do you restore from drop box?
    Copy the backed up files into the TitaniumBackup folder?
    It wants to overwrite?
    How to you tell Titanium to 'restore from dropbox' or from a local folder other than the default one?

Found answer here, but this restores everything, so you would have to remove the parts you did not want to restore: http://www.titaniumtrack.com/kb/tit...ore-backups-dropbox-if-sd-card-fail-or-stolen
  7. Grouch

Grouch Active Member

When I restore SMS, data only, it causes the con.android.phone error to pop every 5 seconds or so.
  8. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On Guide

you have to manually take the folder from drop box and place it on sd card or take out those data parts and place them into the titanium folder,or save the whole backup and then use it or don't use drop box. i love drop box and i have the same problems with certain things, so i just hook up to usb and save to pc then just copy back to phone when needed.

and if not then use sms backup from market.
    Grouch likes this.
  9. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

Thanks worked on my TU :)