Tip: If you enjoyed the iTunes syncing aspect of the iPhone, try doubleTwist on N1!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1080p, Jan 9, 2010.

1. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Using doubleTwist with the Nexus One. Working great. Syncing music is 1 reason I kept going back to iPhone from Android. Also syncs pics too!

Advertisement
  2. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    It works great. Where exactly does it store everything. I have so many damn folders on my card.

Rule of thunb is to use it for any non Apple player you need Itunesish use out of.

3. illutionz

illutionz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    If you use Windows, Doubletwist works great but if you're using Mac, Doubletwist is really buggy. I found that using Sailing Media Sync for Mac is a much better option.

4. scottricketts

scottricketts Active Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Unix Admin
    Cincinnat
    Really? It seems okay to me. It took a couple times to inorganic my playlists but its been okay since.

5. illutionz

illutionz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Thing with doubletwist is that once you import your iTunes playlist it won't change automatically if you change anything on your iTunes.

They say the point is to convert fully to doubletwist which is stupid because I still wanna use iTunes as my media player and just use doubletwist to sync.

Sailing Media Sync, however, is a program that hook pretty deeply into iTunes and it can detect if you change the playlist or add new ones or delete some :)

6. smijes

smijes Member

Jan 6, 2010
    where are you guys getting doubletwist and sailing media sync?? i cant find it in the android market

7. Noga

Noga Member

Nov 11, 2009
    They wouldn't be found in Android Market because they're not apps, they're programs for computers

8. smijes

smijes Member

Jan 6, 2010
    which device do you all choose when using sailing media sync??? i tried doubletwist but it wouldnt sync the playlists, just the music...

9. MedioGringo

MedioGringo Active Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Just downloaded this. I tried to sync my video files, it chose to erase the video I shot on my N1 and replaced them with videos from my PC that weren't in the specified sync folder.

10. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Regional Sales Manager
    DFW
    For Windows users there is another solution that was recently announced called Dazzboard (Dazzboard). Since it doesn't support OS X yet, I haven't played with it yet but look interesting. This is what Google need to buy or build themselves.

11. daisy

daisy Member

Jan 12, 2010
    There's been some buzz about dazzboard and it's an interesting client to try out. I've only played with the demo, but I really like it. For anyone interested, you can find the demo at dazzboard.com

12. dfdff

dfdff Member

Jan 12, 2010
    that does works fine!thank you!

Tags: