TIP: Just a bump of performance gain for your XTips

Last Updated:

1. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Some have noticed that all your history remains in "Contacts" if you swipe left. It seemed to be fixed with the leaked 2.2, you delete elsewhere and it does leave the phone BUT if you have things from 2.1 still in there there is an option to delete history. Go to contacts>swipe left>settings>clear history. I cannot confirm that this option is on 2.1, I didn't check when I had it. But hopefully this helps some people, I know when I delete something, I want it off the phone.

But anyway to my Title, when I did this I noticed an increase in performance, at least navigating through the phones functions, placebo, possibly but it can't hurt - unless there is truly some history you still want around.

Hope this helps some folks

Advertisement
    SFWB, lennydude, Romoko and 1 other person like this.
  2. labeledbass

Well I see no replies but a couple of thanks - hopes this helps out some, I'm running LP with 3D drawer and after I did this I could tell a difference. I know to some it may be small potatoes but every little bit helps, I've about got this phone down exactly the way I want it, smooth transistions, battery life and service frequencies. Hope when we get the "real" OTA 2.2 I don't have to go through this again...

3. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

I just did it. Good tip.

4. labeledbass

I just noticed that if you have long sms/mms threads (even more so if pics are attached) , maybe even emails - if you don't need them, delete - that seemed to make a difference. I wish all history was stored on the SDcard, that would solve a lot of problems with memory.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Fyi, not available for 2.1. Never has been. Motorola fixed it with 2.2, obviously.

6. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

I gave this a try just now. So far I haven't noticed a difference in performance, but I typically delete all messages at the end of the night. Especially now that Handcent won't sort by newest on 2.2.

7. labeledbass

Send or receive about 10 resized pics, reboot, navigate around in the phone, clear your history, sms, emails you don't NEED and see how smoother things are, especially if you use a launcher with animations.

8. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

Not quite sure what you mean here.

9. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member

Just tried that. Didn't work, didn't do any thing. Says "No recent status updates". It's all clear anyway.