• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tip: Make an Instant Wifi Connection

Hey All,

I did a little searching and didn't see this thread posted in the forum, so I figured I'd share. Apologies if it has already been posted.

If you download the free app called "wifi analyzer", it can help you make an instant wifi connection with the Droid X.

As some of you have reported (and I have personally experienced), it can take too long for the phone to connect/reconnect with your home wifi signal.

Solution:

Toggle on Wifi, then immediately open Wifi Analyzer. For some reason, it forces the handshake almost instantly.

Wallah! You're connected. And in a fraction of the time compared to if you let the X just run its course.

Hope this helps some of you.

Kevin

Toggle on Wifi, then immediately open Wifi Analyzer. For some reason, it forces the handshake almost instantly.

I've had the same delayed WiFi connection problem as well...I just created a desktop shortcut to go directly to the WiFi Settings screen on the phone, which seems to force the connection as well.

Good call on the app...interesting that it forces a connection as well. This does seem to be corrected in the leaked Froyo release, though.

Upvote 0
Awesome to hear this has been fixed in froyo! This has been my only complaint thus far the my X. Now I REALLY can't wait for the OTA! Something I've noticed also is that in advanced settings for wifi if you set it to static ip address I get much faster speeds according to the speedtest app. With it set this way I see the same speed results as on my laptop using speedtest.net.

Upvote 0
Ok, think I figured something out with my wifi probs. Hopefully it may help some others. As you all prob know you can go to setting, wireless and networks, wifi settings, menu, advanced, then choose different options. Well the settings made no diff for me till I did a hard reset. Choose one option, do hard reset. If that doesn't work choose a different option, do hard reset. Repeat till you find combination that works for you. For me checking enable auto ip, and setting the wifi sleep policy to never, then doing hard reset was the ticket. Im using a belkin router FYI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones