• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TIP] Quick Baseband Switching

The~Skater~187

Android Expert
Oct 20, 2011
Connecticut
Just thought I would put this out there for those of you that are not a fan of your current baseband and want to go to ej06, fa19, fe16 or vise versa without all the hassle of reflashing Roms, Kernels, Themes, or whatever.

If you want to switch just your baseband, all you need is:

-A version of Odin with the desired baseband that you want.

To Install Baseband:

-Put your phone into download mode
-Connect your phone to your pc
-Open up Odin and select one package
-Select Your Ops
-Select phone.tar
-Hit start

As soon as Odin says reset it is safe to unplug your phone from your pc and enjoy your new baseband.

I did this (flashed the phone.tar) when the update had just came out . I ran it for 2 days and my signal and 3g were so bad that I had to flash back to EJ06 . Once Boost has got all the bugs worked out of it , I'll try it again . I wonder why it works well for some and bad for others ?

Not sure. I have been running FA-19 for the last week and my data and signal were all over the place. So I went back to ej06 myself and everything is fine. Just wanted to let everyone know that your don't have to flash the entire oding image if you want just the baseband.

Upvote 0
Not sure. I have been running FA-19 for the last week and my data and signal were all over the place. So I went back to ej06 myself and everything is fine. Just wanted to let everyone know that your don't have to flash the entire oding image if you want just the baseband.

Hey skater WiFi used to work on Ginger bread.
Why doesn't it now?
Which one do I need to change to be able to WiFi tether again?
Already changed phone one.
My bro in law had this:
Fa19 (baseband gingerbread)
CTMod 3.2 (waiting for ur update fix )
Koumakernel 1.2
Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
So, my Prevail was happily one-click rooted, which was great!
But then the FA19 "system updates" started popping up. I believe I read that once they show up, you have to do something about them. Before that, you can prevent it?
I have actually tried to install it, but it won't take, probably because it's already rooted *shrug*
Anyway, the popups were getting annoying and I'm headed out of the country, so I thought I should resolve this before departure.
After reading this thread, I used Odin to apply 'EJ06-CWM5-Rooted' to my phone after backing everything up with Titanium Pro.

When I got back into the phone, it looked stock so I tried as fast as I could to get to the market and get Titanium back on there. Turned out it was updating Market back to Play Store first (since PS is SO awesome, I guess) and before I could get Titanium (&restoration) working, the FA19 update dialog showed up again.

Did I miss something or misread this thread? Is the better solution to update with a FA19 image??

Maybe I should go get angry birds in space and wait this out.

Upvote 0
So, my Prevail was happily one-click rooted, which was great!
But then the FA19 "system updates" started popping up. I believe I read that once they show up, you have to do something about them. Before that, you can prevent it?
I have actually tried to install it, but it won't take, probably because it's already rooted *shrug*
Anyway, the popups were getting annoying and I'm headed out of the country, so I thought I should resolve this before departure.
After reading this thread, I used Odin to apply 'EJ06-CWM5-Rooted' to my phone after backing everything up with Titanium Pro.

When I got back into the phone, it looked stock so I tried as fast as I could to get to the market and get Titanium back on there. Turned out it was updating Market back to Play Store first (since PS is SO awesome, I guess) and before I could get Titanium (&restoration) working, the FA19 update dialog showed up again.

Did I miss something or misread this thread? Is the better solution to update with a FA19 image??

Maybe I should go get angry birds in space and wait this out.
http://androidforums.com/4054607-post10.html
You can install any FA19 image with the EJ06 phone.tar and it won't know the difference and won't nag you for updates.

Reactions: zehn
Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/4054607-post10.html
You can install any FA19 image with the EJ06 phone.tar and it won't know the difference and won't nag you for updates.

Or you can install straight EJ06 with the new version of CTMod or CM7 . Neither of those ROMs get the update . A lot of people report loss of signal and 3g issues with the FA19 modem , myself included .

I used Odin to install the EJ06 image then flash either CTMod or CM7 . I have never even gotten the update since it came out .

Upvote 0
Or you can install straight EJ06 with the new version of CTMod or CM7 . Neither of those ROMs get the update . A lot of people report loss of signal and 3g issues with the FA19 modem , myself included .

I used Odin to install the EJ06 image then flash either CTMod or CM7 . I have never even gotten the update since it came out .

Could you tell me if this will work:

Odin an FA19 image with the EJ06 phone.tar substituted for the FA19 phone.tar.... then immediately CWM the CTMod 3.4 image without dorking up my fresh CTMod 3.4 (SSM) and apps install?

Upvote 0
Could you tell me if this will work:

Odin an FA19 image with the EJ06 phone.tar substituted for the FA19 phone.tar.... then immediately CWM the CTMod 3.4 image without dorking up my fresh CTMod 3.4 (SSM) and apps install?

As long as you put your phone in download mode then select your OPS file then select the EJ06 phone.tar and hit start you will not lose anything . If you install the whole image , you'll need to replace everything . Just DL'ed the rooted EJ06 zip and use that . No need to use the rooted FA19 version .

REMEMBER TO ONLY USE THE PHONE.TAR .

Upvote 0
. No need to use the rooted FA19 version .

REMEMBER TO ONLY USE THE PHONE.TAR .

Unless your running 2.3.5 and want to update to 2.3.6 with out changing your baseband. In which case open Odin, select "One Package", then select your op, then select the FA-19 pda.tar.
(You will lose all your data though)

If you did this correct, you will now have stock 2.3.6 with EJ06. :D

Upvote 0
Unless your running 2.3.5 and want to update to 2.3.6 with out changing your baseband. In which case open Odin, select "One Package", then select your op, then select the FA-19 pda.tar.
(You will lose all your data though)

If you did this correct, you will now have stock 2.3.6 with EJ06. :D

OK... I'm thoroughly confused now... I am at CTMod 3.4 (SSM) with all of my apps installed, and I have run a fresh CWM backup.

Is there a way to revert to EJ06 without having to re-install all of my apps yet again? Sorry, between taxes and doing two phones, my brain is toast now...

Please give me a step by step...

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones