1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

tips for use with hotmail and live services

Last Updated:

1. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does any one have any tips or good apps that they use for their hotmail and live service accounts?

here are the issue and questions i have with eh built in apps.

E-mail:
    When syncing with hotmail it seems like it always marks some e-mails as unread even though i have read them on the devie and my hotmail inbox. I have just installed the program "seven" and it has been an ok workaround for this but i would like to get other peoples ideas/suggestions.

IM:
    -I am using the Hi MSN app for IM which seems to work ok but it does slow down the phone quite a bit at certain times.

cotnacts:
    -When opening a contact in contacts and clicking on "chat using windows Live" it does nothing. is there i program i need to install for this?

Overall i am just trying to find a way to make my droid work better with hotmail/live accounts and services and looking for suggestions. I will never switch all my stuff to a google account as i have been using hotmail since it came out and so have most of my friends.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I can't even get my Hotmail account configured with the email app on Android. It keeps saying "username / password error" or after a dozen paramter changes from info found on the web, it'll say "Connection not available". I simply can't get my hotmail to be set up.

So I'm using the browser to check my hotmail on a manual basis. But Hotmail sucks so I'm migrating away from it any way.

3. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hmm thats wierd mine was extremely easy to setup on the droid. just entered my e-mail address and password and grabbed all the settings for me. moving to google services is not an option for me so i hope i can get some good suggestions.

you may want to try the program seven. i set that up with my hotmail easily to.

THanks!