1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Tips n Tricks thread.Tips

Last Updated:

1. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

Yea Gods!

Advertisement
  2. eclap

eclap Well-Known Member

That was handy, thank you very much! I've only made one call so far, but I noticed it was a bit quiet. I only went up to 98 on my max volume and also tweaked the other values to have some nice steady progression going up and down the volume levels.
    vengance007 likes this.
  3. hilt_m

hilt_m Member

For anybody who wants to upgrade to firmware version xwke2, and cant get it to work in KIES here is a pretty good how to guide for a manual upgrade. I did mine last night.
  4. lob

lob Well-Known Member

Change to Text-to-Voice engine to Samsung and change the voice type to Robot.

Very cool sounding!

Use it with 'VoiceTalk' (You need to change some settings in the app so it uses your selected default voice)
  5. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Here's a neat little way in changing the Home screen pages rapidly.

At the bottom of the screen where the numbered pages are listed, press and hold briefly on any page number.... Now without talking your finger off the screen simply swipe either left or right and you will notice the home pages slide across in a semi-3D state.
    'Eye-candy' but gets the job done nicely by allowing you to view all the pages as you swipe.
    ozzyman, djoerk, GSMGuy and 2 others like this.
  6. croftyboy8

croftyboy8 Well-Known Member

Woah, its almost as if you didnt bother to read the whole thread. or you chose to ignore my post about the same thing!!

only joking, its a good trick isnt it
  7. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Ooops.... Not often I miss things but clearly you posted it first.
    For every thanks I get I'll hand you one back. :)
    croftyboy8 likes this.
  8. hilt_m

hilt_m Member

When taking a picture, use the volume button to zoom in or out. much easier then using the pinch method.
    nonie, bee bee, djoerk and 14 others like this.
  9. loony

loony Well-Known Member

you can appearntly disable the shutter sound (If you are rooted)
    rename the shutter sound ogg file in /system/media/audio/ui. Rename it to .ogg.bak and it should stop the noise.
  10. Jozudave

Jozudave Member

Thanks for first tip, but I can't get second one to work. Can you explain more? Home key is obviously the on the bottom left of handset, but by power button do you mean the button on the right hand side of the handset?

When I try and press them together it just switches the screen off.
  11. GalaxyS2

GalaxyS2 Well-Known Member

Use the center button and power key.
  12. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member

Its the only actual physical button on the front of the phone, the rest are just extensions of the touchscreen.
  13. xmjox

xmjox Well-Known Member

This sometimes happens to me. Either that, or it just takes me back to the home screen!! You have to time it absolutely spot-on for it to work in my experience. It usually takes me 2-3 attempts, but worth it when it eventually does work :)
  14. uktivo

uktivo Well-Known Member

Great find, thanks.. This could be an answer to an issue I have but I would need some technical help before I start messing around with settings I just don't understand.

Since having the S2 I've had lots of complaints from people I talk to whilst I'm driving. I have a Bluetooth built in kit in my car (BMW new 5 series F10) and virtually everyone complains about background noise when I'm on a call. I've tried noise reduction setting but it makes no difference. Now, I spotted a BT setting option in the above service module.. I had a quick look.. but quickly scared myself.. does anyone have any input on which settings I would need to adjust to improve the call quality on BT??
  15. saturos

saturos New Member

Does anyone know if there's gestures for the headphone's button? Of it has just pause/play function?
  16. hilt_m

hilt_m Member

have a play around, if you stuff something, just turn the phone off, it will reset back to were you started.
    uktivo likes this.
  17. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

Slow screen wake up?

Select a low res picture and this will fix the problem.
  18. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Spewy, can you broaden your explanation on this please....
    Are you saying the Wallpaper needs to be a low res picture?
    Because I already use low res pictures for my Wallpapers.
  19. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

Not your wallpaper but the image on the lockscreen. (ie, the orange hyperspace image)
    apk x64 likes this.
  20. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Yes, I use a picture that has been edited in Picsay Pro with Widget Locker.
    It does load the screen slightly quicker.

So yes, I agree... Using a cropped or reduced image in the lock-screen does open the screen slightly quicker. :)
  21. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

Try this low res image - wake up is instant on mine.

Attached Files:

22. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

Forget this.... After a few hours of it working fine my phone has gone back to a 2 second wake up!
  23. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Your lockscreen pic is still quite large Spewy. Mine is only 200kb.
  24. bruce10

bruce10 New Member

If you swipe a contact towards the left, your phone will begin to call them. If you swipe them right, your phone will start a text to them. My friend's nexsus S couldn't do this.
    misseka, lunarossa, kopite72 and 12 others like this.