Tips on How To Not Brick your phone

Last Updated:

1. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With the new unrevoked3 root method out a novice such as myself has been more attracted to rooting than ever. But the thought and fear of bricking my phone still looms. I seek advice and simple tips from those better informed on things to do/not do that can help avoid bricking a phone during or after the root process.

Much obliged!

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

you will not brick your phone unless you take your battery out during the process believe me i have unplugged it and plugged back in when flashing the recovery didnt work and i still never bricked mine so dont be scared hop on that saddle

3. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

doesn't bricking mean destroying beyond all repair? Ie essentially making your phone nothing but a shiny brick. My understanding is anything short of installing an incompatable radio can be reversed with a factory reset.

4. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

Don't fear the unrEVOked 3.1. It works flawlessly, gives you what you want and you'll be quite pleased.

5. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so basically don't fudge up during the root process and thats it. there's really no concerns after rooting for bricking a phone?