Tired of iPhone?

Last Updated:

1. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Am I the only one tired of hearing about the iPhone? And before you say yes, consider that I am saying that I am tired of hearing about the iPhone.....IN THE DROID FORUM.

This is the Droid forum. It's for Droids, Droid enjoyment, Droid support. We're the Droid community.

We are not the anti-iPhone community.

I don't understand the need to put down the iPhone (or any other phone) or compare the Droid to the iPhone, or worry about what someone on an iPhone forum has to say about the Droid, etc.

I realize that Motorola / Verizon has brought this upon themselves with the marketing slogan "iDon't" which is cute, but honestly, unnecessary.

To me, the iPhone is a good smart phone for people who want a clean and easy experience. They don't want to screw around with settings, with ROMs, with rooting, with all that stuff. They just want a phone. To them, ignorance is bliss or, more politely put, they're not missing what they don't have.

The Droid is for people who like to screw around and change stuff up. Different horses for different courses, as they say.

So please, can we stop with iBashing and iComparing? It's not productive and doesn't make for a welcoming forum atmosphere. Reminds me of the automotive forums I visit....

OK, Rant over. Being housebound for a week due to snow makes one screwy. LOL. :)

Advertisement
  2. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I bet someone in the iphone forums wouldnt say that....

No Im kidding, I agree with you, I am so sick of hearing about it.

3. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

I'd suggest being yuppie scum carrying an iPhone makes one screwy.. ;)

4. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Got them in the Nexus One forum too. Not just here, but elsewhere--there're always a few Mactards or Apple-flavored trolls looking to stir things up (including the xda developers forums, even). I've resigned myself to the fact that if you've got your mouth around Jobs' tool for too long, you're bound to come away messed up in the head. They should be regarded with pity.

5. d123

d123 Active Member

I have an iPhone 3Gs and a Hero (and am considering getting an N1). How do I fit into your definition?

6. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

7. skunkpbguy

Looks like you are quickly becoming wizened. :D I just cannot understand the mindset of Apple fanboys, but it appears that I've become an Android version.:eek:

8. ttaylor0024

I wouldnt call us fanboys... just... the all knowing ones.... We have the power to see through the shiny exterior of all apple products and realize that they blow hard.

9. GuyverPrime!

GuyverPrime! Member

Well I come here to read about the Android Platform. The good and the bad. I do have an iPhone but will be switching to a droid due to the cost savings I can get from Verizon with my company discounts and Family plans. I have had no issues with ATT since I limit my travel.

I like my iphone - End of Story - [​IMG] Will move my apps to my iPod Touch.
    No Big Deal

I think I will like the droid - End of Story - [​IMG] It does the things I do most.

That being said I have used a Family members droid and I am impressed.
    I do not know if my wife will get an Android phone or a Blackberry at this point but I will get a droid soon.

Now if we can focus on issues related to the Android OS and not a slam contest. Like when can I use my Slingbox with a Droid!!!!!!!![​IMG]

10. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Definitely agreed with the OP. Reading a lot of the stuff here, you get the impression that the only reason people buy Android phones is because they need to show off their obsessive, irrational, all-consuming hatred for absolutely anything made by Apple. And that doesn't speak very highly of the Android platform or its users.

11. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

True! I want an Android phone, but I love my ipod. Have had one since the 20GB version came out.

Apple's products may not be the best for everyone, but they keep a lot of people happy, and isn't that what matters?

I do think I'd enjoy an iphone, but I don't think it's worth what they're asking for it.

12. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

That's asinine. There are plenty of phones not made by Apple available on the market; do you also level the same accusation at Blackberry and Nokia owners? Windows users? If there's any grumbling about iPhones in here, it's usually brought on because some Mactard troll makes yet another thread for their verbal diarrhea about the supremacy of iPhones and blah blah blah.

Head, nether orifice, and so on. I recommend a firm separation between the two.

13. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I'm in the Android forum, part of the Android community. I don't have a Droid, I have a MyTouch 3G.

Droid is a brand name held by Verizon.

14. ttaylor0024

Droid is also a nickname for android. The only reason we use android now insted of droid is because of the motorola droid and HTC droid eris. There was a thread on the whole "motorola stole android name" thing. Dont be a smartass. You know what he ment.

15. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

I am a smartass! But that's beside the point.

16. skunkpbguy

Technically, Droid is licensed by VZW from Lucasfilm.. one of the super geek reasons I chose a Droid. :D

17. i.heart.camo13

i.heart.camo13 Member

NeedsDecaf I applaud your attempt at trying to stop the bashing, but it looks like in turn the opposite has happened.
    I think its funny, youre tired of hearing about the iphone in the droid forum in a bad way yet some how this thread just upped the bashing..oi!
    Again congrats on the attempt...sorry its failed.

18. hef

hef Well-Known Member

people rant on about the iphone because it's basically the first smartphone that people in general (non-techies) can understand and know what to do with.
    it's like the "my first" of smartphones.

19. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

20. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

I'm tired of the fanboys. Doesn't matter what the product is.

I like reading thoughtful discussion on different devices and their pros and cons. I can't stand rants.

21. DustinCasler

DustinCasler Member

I have an unlocked/jailbroken first gen iphone. And after a few years i'm pretty tired of it. So i ordered a Nexus One. I can't wait to get it tomorrow. But I know what you mean, the iphone army is RELENTLESS.

22. HendyZero20

HendyZero20 Active Member

I Like Iphone because Im tired of messing with all those settings and stuff. I just want it to be easy. I used to do that back in the day with my Old Casio BE-300 with Bee v2.0 and the X-pod OS. (look it up if you dont know what im talking bout. And I also miss my old N-GaGe and the forums they used to have. Those were the good ol days :)! If you want real open source with real help and support. Plus emulators galore then Check out the Gamepark GP2X Wiz. A simple google search is all you need for these things :)!