1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of Pocket Empire spam!

Last Updated:

1. shiv379

shiv379 Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies that my first proper post on this forum is a grumble!

<rant>Is anyone else right fed up with all the Pocket Empire "spam" being left on the comments of almost every other game in the Marketplace? The number of comments I've seen saying something like "This game is fun, but Pocket Empire is better add me with referral code xxxxx" is really starting to get on my nerves! Personally I think that people who are spamming the comments of other games and applications like this should have all their comments automatically removed and then banned from leaving any more. I mean, it's ok on the comment thread of Pocket Empires itself, but really not on other games' threads! </rant>

Is it just me? And does anyone know if anything is being done about it?

~Shiv

Advertisement
    lobug and d_dan like this.
  2. beallpatrick

beallpatrick Well-Known Member

Nope, not just you. I have a feeling the spammers are screwing up the ratings of all the apps they're posting on too since I doubt they've used the majority of them.

As for me, I'll pretty much refuse to play the game just because the last thing I want to do is support a company that feels the need to promote its crap by polluting the entire marketplace with fabricated testimonials.

3. DrkDragon

DrkDragon Member

To be fair, the creators and admins are banning people who spam on the market. So, it's not just you is getting sick of it.

It's a fun game and the dev's are trying to put in alternative means of getting gems, to alleviate the code spam (which was up till now, the only way to get gems in the game to spend on power ups.)

I've noticed it too and try to report the spammers to the devs, but they are only a 3 man team and can only do so much so fast.

4. DMazyn

DMazyn New Member

I've noticed this also. I have had my Android phone less than a week and I'm already tired of seeing this spam.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

The spamming of this on the market is disgraceful, I'm marking every comment as span as i come across it, I suggest everyone else do this too.

As regards to this forum, I will sticky an official thread where people may post codes as much as they like, and will remove from other areas.

lobug likes this.
  6. strategy

strategy Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any evidence of that happening. I'd also note that it's the devs themselves who implemented a referral system in the game - I doubt that they are surprised at the use it is being put to.

Referral systems = Spam. I would not be surprised to see other games (at least the online ones) implementing similar systems soon in response. :(

7. ilh

ilh Active Member

To be fair, all the Storm8 games are the same but they have more games and more players to spam.

8. petchulio

petchulio Member

I've noticed a bunch of it too all over the Marketplace as well. And that's pretty annoying. I wasn't tremendously impressed by the game...it kinda looked like hell on my N1.

9. dr0iid

dr0iid New Member

Annoying spammers!

10. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member

I brought this up on the Pocket Empires forum and got my head bitten off by a fan boy, mainly for suggesting a zero tolerance approach (temporary bans for any comment on the market outside of the Pocket Empires thread). In fairness, I got some support from players there too.

AFAIK they're only banning false spam, which claim their referral code gives more than it actually does (100 gems). An admin said they're looking in to it, which isn't very reassuring.

Mark the comments as spam and complain to the devs please. It's an OK game but a Market pest.

lobug likes this.
  11. ParaSitius

ParaSitius Member

I've been hitting the spam button whenever I come across one in a comment.

lobug likes this.
  12. mazka

mazka Active Member

Refuse to look at that game, spam is so annoying.

13. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

GET POCKET EMPIRES MY CODE IS.....

Okay, this isn't spam. I've just checked the reviews for Robo Defense and out of the first 10 reviews, 6 of them must have been pocket empires spam :( I marked all of the "reviews" as spam and will continue to do so.

14. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

yeah does annoy me too. and also the ratings as they alway 5 star something. ive started reporting it on the market, hopefully something will be done.

15. Psym

Psym New Member

16. Droid_Ninja

Droid_Ninja Well-Known Member

Ya I hate the Spammers myself, it's because of the spam that me and 10 other of my friends deleted the game. We were getting high levels too! The one thing i did love about the game, it was just like playing the free online game EVONY. You guys should check it out on Evony-Free forever if you don't know what I am talking about

17. timmyjoe42

timmyjoe42 Well-Known Member

Long press comment...Mark as spam.

I did this 3 times yesterday.

18. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

This spam is really starting to bother me. I now find myself scrolling through the comments just to find these posts and mark them as spam.

Here's an idea, lets all spam the comments for pocket empires and rate it with 1 star.

19. droidberg

droidberg Well-Known Member

Marking spam comments as such is sort of a mini-game, I take it? :p

In all seriousness, it bugs me too and I do believe it weakens the entire ratings system in the games category.

20. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Well-Known Member

Completely agree. I just left a comment on the official thread - hopefully the devs might start to listen? it's disgraceful they encouraged this.

21. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Let not ;). Just mark them as spam. They disappear and hopefully Google will get the message to do something about it.

22. d_dan

d_dan Member

I hate all the spam so bad... like in fairness. give everyone a chance to get their apps out there

23. asb123

asb123 Well-Known Member

yea, this is sooo annoying.

24. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

If you check the link now, I posted a nasty little rant on there. Heck, I even signed up just to let the fury fly.

25. Droid_Ninja

Droid_Ninja Well-Known Member

Is there anyone else we can complain to about this epidemic?