1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Titanium Backup - Cant Find in Apps

1. sc_eveleigh

sc_eveleigh Member

I was hoping someone could assist me. I have paid for and installed Titanium Backup, but can't seem to locate it on my phone, in the apps list or elsewhere to actually run the application. It is hiding from me. In the settings, applications, i can see it and see program details, but as far as a program exe i cant find how to actually start the program.

HELP! and thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

If it is installed it will be in your apps drawer.
  3. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

It should be located in your app drawer. Or click menu ->add->shortcuts. navigate down to the file.
  4. sc_eveleigh

sc_eveleigh Member

That is the issue. In my apps list under setting, it says the program is installed. But I cannot open it. In the apps drawer it is not there.

Is there a setting preventing me from opening this app?
  5. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

If it was me, I'd uninstall via appbrain, then re-install it. and see if that works. Put your license text in the root of your SD card.
  6. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

When you click to open it what happens? If you reboot the phone does it fix it?
  7. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I have what may seem like a really stupid question but I'll ask anyway cause you never know...

You are rooted, right? Cause it's an app you can only use if rooted.

Assuming the answer is yes, I would just uninstall it (from your menu-setting-applications) and then reinstall it from the market.
  8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Not really a bad question IMO and exactly what I would do for a potential remedy. Not like you can ever really lose Titanium. It just keeps coming back for more...so long as you have your license anyway. :)
  9. MindArchr

MindArchr New Member

I had this exact same problem. I installed the free version of the program (I didn't uninstall the PRO), and I was finally able to open the program, and it also became available in my apps drawer. After installing the free version, it picked up my PRO license key. The developer also references this on his site:

I bought Titanium Backup PRO from the Market but it doesn't appear in the app drawer? I can't launch it?

• Yes, you got the key. Now you just need to install "Titanium Backup" which is the app itself, and launch it. It will be the PRO version.
    • I could change the PRO key to display an icon in the app drawer, but then other users would complain about the useless icon!
    trese01 likes this.