Titanium Backup Compatibility

1. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

I finally was able to root my Bionic and then I tried installing Titanium backup. The free version says it is not compatible with my phone but the paid version does not indicate there is any problem with my phone. Before I buy the paid version I would like to hear from other Bionic owners on installing the free version or the paid version. Is the paid version really compatible? It seems rather strange that the paid version would be compatible but not the free version.

Advertisement
  2. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I've owned the paid version since my Ally days so can't speak for the free version but the paid version works fine with the Bionic. Of course as you mentioned, you need root. I don't know why the free version isn't compatible though because you need it installed plus a key which turns it into the paid version that enables more features. Are you sure your rooted? Does SU ask for permission when you launch TB?
  3. Somniferum

Somniferum Well-Known Member

I bought TiBu back in my OG Droid days, but I can second that the paid version works perfectly with the Bionic. Very strange that it would say the free version is incompatible. You need the free version + pro key to enable the paid version, as I recall.
  4. WCAL Thrasher

WCAL Thrasher New Member

I'm having the same issue. I rooted my girlfriend's bionic tonight and the Play Store said that TiB was not compatible with her phone. Other root apps will install. There was a new update for TiB today, so I'm wondering if something in the update broke compatibility with some devices.
  5. dautley

I just saw the update in the play store, there was one for the key to. I updated the key, then TB itself, both installed and tb ran without a hitch. I'm on the latest ICS leak 6.7.232 so can't say for sure if it still works on 5.9.905 or not, but the change log was mostly just bug fixes.
  6. WCAL Thrasher

WCAL Thrasher New Member

Hhmmm... I sent a message to Titanium Track about the problem. Hopefully there's a fix soon. I haven't changed anything else on the phone yet. I've only rooted it with the Motofail.exe. The phone is still on stock 5.9.905. I want to install TiB so I can backup the phone before I install safestrap and put an ICS ROM on it.

Going slightly off topic, any ICS ROMs that anyone recommends? Most likely looking for a more stock ICS ROM rather than a Moto leak.
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Play store needs to be updated, that's hte only issue. The app itself if compatible. You can download it from the main TB website to your phone and install it (I bought the app via the website way before Joel started offering the pay version in the Google Play Store nee Market). So, in essence, I have the free version that is just unlocked using my license file.

See Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site for the download.
  8. dautley

Looks like a new version of TB just dropped addressing a issue with the play store.
  9. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

Like it was mentioned above even though Play said it was not compatible I was able to download and install from the Titantium web site.