Titanium Backup Force Close

Last Updated:

1. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted and installed titanium backup in order to remove the stock att apps. I keep getting a Force Close. I've tried rebooting the phone and reinstalling and that didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. NukaCola

NukaCola Member

I just updated to the new version and that is happening to me as well, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. Just hold off from updating to version 3.3.5.1 for now.

skinien likes this.
  3. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I found the same thing, just download root explorer instead

skinien likes this.
  4. skinien

Thanks guys.

5. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

Same issue here since the update. I say they will have another update within a few days to fix whatever the issue is.

6. Droopie28

Droopie28 Well-Known Member

I sent them an email earlier today, with the error message and the force close... I would hope to get some kind of reply... donated yesterday

7. Droopie28

Droopie28 Well-Known Member

Hey Everybody, just got an email back from him, he said he reverted the availabe software in teh marketplace back to the old version, YaY!!!

8. DaddyWhale

DaddyWhale Active Member

I got the same email. He added that he always maintains an older version on his webpage (http://matrixrewriter.com/android/files/TitaniumBackup.apk).

btw Joel seems like a very responsive guy. Am very glad that I made a donation. Plus now I can freeze bloatware.

DW

9. skinien

Yep... works now!

10. skinien

If this thing works likes it says it does, I'll definitely be making a donation. What a great app.

I do have one question I'm hoping one of you can answer: If I have scheduled backups, do I need to leave the app running in the background? Specifically, if I have a backup scheduled tonight at 2 am, do I need to open the app and leave it running in the background before I go to sleep, or will it auto-start itself?

11. skinien

Wow! Joel already got back to me. It looks like you don't have to worry about it:

Don't worry about the scheduler service - it sets up an alarm at backup time, so if you ever kill the process, the Android OS should automatically start it again.

Best regards,

Jo

DaddyWhale likes this.
  12. 93_til

93_til New Member

Found this post via google and had to register just to say thanks. SO THANKS! This link got it working on my phone. For some reason it was force closing on back ups.

I have to say Joel is a great guy. Super responsive considering how many people use his app.

Thanks again!

13. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

First, welcome!

I, too, had excellent interaction with Joel and wrote as much a while back. That said, as good as Titanium is I strongly recommend spending another few bucks on MyBackup Pro. There have been times when Titanium crapped out during a restore and I was fortunate to have a Plan B (MBP)...and vice-versa.

Bottom line: Have two backups and store them on an external microSD card.

For more backup info, see: http://www.capfaq.com/w/Backup (if you haven't already).