Titanium Backup Help

Last Updated:

1. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 7, 2010

I used the option in batching Titanium Backup to move apps and data to my sdcard to save some space. I've decided I want to move it back so that it's available when I press the Launcher. I know where it's stored on the sdcard and I have root explorer, but I'm just not sure which folder to move it back to in the first place. Can someone tell me which folder houses all the apps that are currently available via the Launcher? Thanks in advance for your help.

2. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010

the internal folders to store apps are /data/app with data/data being where the app settings and data are stored.

the System apps (the ones that run the major services, the launcher, bundled stuff, etc.) are in the /system/app
    burntorangefan likes this.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    If you used Titanium Backup for move the apps, in order to see them in the launcher you'll need to FC your launcher and then let it restart.

Some launchers are so finicky that if you reboot those apps disappear again - and the only way to see them again is to FC the launcher again and let it restart again.

That is why you should not be forcing apps to the SDCard.

If you use SDMove, it scans your apps and let's you know which ones support it and which ones do not - and then you can safely move apps to the SDCard the way they were meant to.

Also, be sure to read this: App Install Location | Android Developers
    burntorangefan likes this.