• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Titanium backup help

Boylsie

Lurker
Apr 12, 2012
i backed up before rooting and installing AOKP the other da, but when i restored with the data, none of the data restored...
yes i did back up app and data.
i had temple run completed with one character left to buy and lots of data on all my other games which has now gone.

does this app not really back up the data or did something go wrong?

thanks

You have to be rooted in order for data associated with apps or games to be included in a backup. From your post, it sounds like when you initially backed up with Titanium that you were not rooted. If this was the case, the data would not have been backed up as you need root access in order to do that.

Now that you are rooted, TiBu will work just fine. As you are switching ROMs (if you plan to do that on occasion), only restore user apps + data. Do not restore system apps as doing so could cause problems between different ROMs.

Upvote 0
I'm not too sophisticated in all this stuff, not sure if/how to do this. I have a rooted Droid Razr Maxx, stock ROM (wanted to be able to tether without monthly fee). When I upgraded from my original Droid, I copied the sd and put the new one in the Razr. This sort of worked, but left the new 32gb card partitioned, with 8gb read as "sd card", the rear as "ext-sd card". The 8gb filled quickly, and I can't download much, even though I have a lot of space on the card. I have been backing up with Titanium Backup, hoping I can use it to fix this. I also purchased a Sandisk 64gb card, which I read (and it claims on the package) is comparable/formatted foe Android. Can I use the 64gb card, then put everything back with TB (and how)? Do I have to reformat the 32gb card instead, then get everything back on it with TB (and how)? Or do I just have to redownload apps, copy media to PC, then replace, without an easy route through TB? I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones