Titanium backup, Mybackup Pro

Last Updated:

1. rx93

rx93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone please let me know what's the difference between Titanium backup and Mybackup Pro? Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Titanium you need to be rooted, Mybackup Pro you don't.

That's the only difference I could find, I prefer Mybackup Pro personally.

rx93 likes this.
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I think I do too.

4. rx93

rx93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you very much. :)

5. Haste75

Haste75 Well-Known Member

I got the paid version of titanium last night right before i flashed a new rom.

It made the process amazingly simple. Literally one click and my 50 or so apps and all data, settings etc installed themselves in around 5 mins.

6. johnny124

johnny124 Well-Known Member

I backed up using titanium but don't know how to delete bloat like sprint tv. Anybody know how to choose what you want and what you don't want?

7. SUroot

8. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I must say, I haven't tried MyBackup, but the trick to Titanium Backup doesn't become evident until you spring for the donation version (which I did). When (mass) restoring apps with the free version of Titanium Backup, you have to go through all the app-install screens, tapping OK and so on, and Titanium will simply queue a bunch of app installs for you. With the donation version, however, it will install the app, no questions asked, in a fraction of a second -- and you can mass restore a bunch of apps in a right jiffy with a single click! However, his is the functionality that means you have to have a rooted phone. Also, the paid version lets you schedule backups, which I find is a very good habit.

Is MyBackup just as elegant, or do you have to go through all of the install screens?

This should perhaps be in a different thread, but look for the "Freeze" option -- that will not uninstall apps but hide them from the system. I'm using this for most of the built-in apps that I don't use (the non-Gmail email app, facebook, etc). To use them, simply un-freeze them again.

Fiere likes this.
  9. StarPetito

StarPetito Member

10. Hakasin

Hakasin Member

11. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Did it back up and replace all your texts/emails etc?

12. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Fo rme I prefer Titanium, because ... It Works! whereas Mybackup pro has never successfully saved app data etc - only ever restored the basic app no matter what I tell it to.

Titanium every time.

13. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member

unfortunately with TiB, even when you tell it to back up all apps, all data. etc. it doesn't backup anything in the DCIM directory.. found out the hard way :(

14. SUroot

DCIM is on your SD card. These apps backup your internal memory only. These apps are for factory resets or changing roms without losing all the internal memory data etc.

EDIT> may be different on the Samsung Captivate. If it is, that's Samsung's fault ;)

15. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member

nope. DCIM is on the internal card.

it's a bit misleading as it's in the SDCARD folder (although if your file mgr shows capacity, it will show up as close to 16gb, which should give you a hint unless your ext. card is 16gb), which is the internal storage. the path to the external sd card is /SDCARD/SD/

the backup files for TiBu is by default in the /SDCARD/TITANIUMBACKUP/ directory, which is the internal card (at least on the captivate, tho i presume all galaxy s phones are that way).

16. SUroot

Silly Samsung.