• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

titanium backup pro will it....

Absolutely will do this but there is a hitch of course. the new phone must be rooted and Titanium will need to see it license key on the root of your new card if you want pro options. I have done this on ROOTED phones buy dropboxing my license for ease of transferring to new cards root level folder.

Once you buy the license through the Market you can install it from the Market's Download section for free and it wuill work. No need to worry about it at all.

Upvote 0
so it just has to be rooted? hopefully there will be a one click root for the future phone.

1. It has to be rooted.
2. You have to buy the Titanium Backup license on the Android Market and install it after installing Titanium Backup. If you ever bought an app in the Market you should know that after uninstalling it it wwill still stay in your Downloads page and can be installed at any time.

Upvote 0
Yes Titanium needs root, there's one thing to be cautious about, if you backup app+data, and the new phone is a different version OS or brand altogether and if you restore app+data there may be lots of FC issues. So it's safer to just restore app without its saved data, it'll be fine if it's within the same OS version and brand.

Upvote 0
TB has an options to back up user apps, system apps or both. For your purposes I'd suggest you only back up the user apps. The system apps will be in your new As sookster pointed out, you need to be careful restoring data (not apps) when crossing versions (say from 2.1 to 2.2). Also, you'll need to move the backup data from you old SD card to your new one (unless you move the SD card itself).

Upvote 0
To put it simply:
1. If you move from phone to phone it is safer to backup only apps and not system data.
2. If you just do a hard reset and stay with the same phone you can backup and restore everything.
3. In TB when you go to backup tab you can filter apps and only show the user installed ones and then back those up if you plan to move to another phone.

Reactions: big_mike
Upvote 0
To put it simply:
1. If you move from phone to phone it is safer to backup only apps and not system data.
2. If you just do a hard reset and stay with the same phone you can backup and restore everything.
3. In TB when you go to backup tab you can filter apps and only show the user installed ones and then back those up if you plan to move to another phone.

that's what i wanted :D sounds as i thought.

thank you :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones