Titanium Backup Problem

Last Updated:

1. RichboyJhae

RichboyJhae Well-Known Member

So I backed up all my 3VO apps to the SD Card, and popped it into my EVOLTE so I could restore them, but it doesn't detect them when I click on restore. Anyone know how I could restore all the apps plus data from the 3VO to the EVOLTE?

My phone is rooted by the way.

2. RichboyJhae

RichboyJhae Well-Known Member

Wow this is embarrassing, I just had to refresh the apps list to get the old ones to show up. Mods please delete this if necessary, or turn it into a FAQ.
  3. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue. Let me know if this is what happened to you or if your problem was not quite the same.

My OG EVO had most, but not all, of the apps on my SD card, which also was where all the data and related stuff was stored. I copied my OG EVO's SD card contents to my new EVO LTE, rooted the LTE, then used Titanium to try and restore a bunch of apps. However, they were not showing anywhere. I tried refreshing and all, but that didn't solve the problem.

I'm wondering (a) if I didn't properly do something, or (b) if my problem is not quite the same as yours, and if so, what's my next step?
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

did the rooting process you followed install the SuperUser app on your phone?

If you don't have SU root only apps won't work, or at least they shouldn't.

Also could you post a link to the root method you followed? I'd ike to read through it and see how far along the development is. :)
  5. Lord Vader

BTW, it's more than just root apps. Many of my regular, non-root apps aren't showing in Titanium.

I followed this method: How to Root/Unroot HTC Evo 4G LTE! [Windows/Mac/Linux][One-Click] - xda-developers

Rather simple to do.
    Granite1 likes this.
  6. Lord Vader

I stumbled upon the solution to this. It was listed on XDA developers.

To find your backed up apps and other stuff on Titanium:

firebirdude, 2strokenut and Granite1 like this.
  7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Thank you!! :)

I did read a bunch of that thread, it does give soft root. Pretty cool.

Douh!! (insert face palm here :p )

The new phone has an internal "SD" card partition, so Titanium was looking in the wrong place. Good find. ;)

Awesome sauce, we're moving right along. Thanks for being our guinea pigs guys. :)

I still don't have mine yet. This evening I'll have phone in hand!! :eek::D
  8. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

The internal SD card has caused me to have this issue a couple times. In your file explorer app go to ext_SD (that's your micro SD card) and copy the folder structure containing your backups to the base of the internal SD card. This is how I fixed my issue with Hide It Pro and Rom Toolbox.
    Granite1 likes this.
  9. 2strokenut

2strokenut Well-Known Member

So usually when I switch phones I run TIBU and restore missing apps with data, always seems to work well. I just copy the TIBU file to the new SD card. Well, now that I have it on the El Tevo, it shows 0 apps to be restored. I've re-copied the file multiple times, I'm thinking of using one of my nandroids from my Evo and just extracting the apps from that but I have more apps in TIBU that weren't on my phone at the time.

[MOD NOTE: Resolved with information from this thread]
    Granite1 likes this.
  10. firebirdude

firebirdude Well-Known Member

thank you!
  11. Lord Vader

Ugh! Where the hell is the "unknown sources" checkbox on this phone??? I can't find it under settings-->apps.

Found it. Never mind.