• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium backup - scheduled reboot after backup

solarfusion

Jun 12, 2010
I have Titanium backup set to run a "backup all user apps + system data" once a week in the early hours of the morning. I noticed that when it ran the other night the phone just sat with a "backup complete" message on the screen forever until I exited (when the launched, etc then reloaded). I think this is because Titanium kills all processes when it runs a backup which its fine if it would exit once it had finished and allow the background processes that it had killed to restart.

I'm sure I saw an option somewhere to reboot after a backup, which would be a solution, but I can't find the option anywhere.

I have that running batch backup nightly. I used to switch on in the morning and the app was still open - not sure about a message.

Now I just switch on in the morning and the launcher is showing with the backup successful notication in the top bar. Am assuming an app update changed it for me.

Sorry, couldn't find the reboot option either.

Upvote 0
Yeah my titanium has on 2 occaisions now, left the screen on all night after a scheduled backup.

Haven't seen an option to reboot to be honest

Edit> but if I edit my schedule, at the bottom is a "When finished" drop down. where you can set "Do Nothing" or "reboot".

Edit 2> you have to scroll down, but theres nothing to indicate that there is more on that page.

Reactions: solarfusion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones