• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup - some questions...

mangler1055

Jul 30, 2010
I've done the research, but can't find an answer, so here goes...

I've upgraded from 3rdWave to 4thWave and i'm having trouble with my Titanium Backup restoration.

I did a full backup "Backup all user apps + system data" before i wiped and flashed the ROM.

After i booted up in 4th wave, i did the following:

• "Restore missing apps with Data"

• "Restore missing apps + all system data"
    • But i unselected all, and only checked the Green items

My apps are back, but most of the system data i'm looking for is not there including:

• Speed Dials
  • accounts with Exchange, Flickr, Facebook for HTC, etc..
  • My desktop layout - i even saved the "Scene" before i did the TiBackup
  • SMS History
  • Internet Bookmarks
  • probably others...

From what i read about the awesomeness of Titanium Backup, i'm guessing i'm doing something wrong.

I appreciate any help you're willing to give.

So not exactly answering your question but more of a reference from personal experience, after flashing so many ROM's over the last few months I've learned to just not do any data and such when I restore.

Now I flash, DL Titanium, restore apps, give it 5min, reboot. Then begin the set up of everything again.

Even if a ROM is only slightly different it could still give a ton of force closes with those little changes. I don't know much about the 3rd and 4th waves but it all depends on how different they are.

I would say try restoring everything, don't uncheck anything and try that. Make sure you nandroid before obviously.

Just my 2c.

Best of luck,
-Flawless

Upvote 0
I guess i'm just trying to figure this all out.

When people switch ROMs do they just use Titanium Backup to backup apps, their data, and their market links?

And then you all just recreate your sync account settings, your desktop widgets, your bookmarks, speed dials, etc?

If that's the case, then what's the big deal with Ti Backup? People gush over this product, and i just dont get it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones