Titanium backup uninstall intermittently worksSupport

Last Updated:

1. maxroach

maxroach Active Member

Hi, I followed the instructions here to root my Admire, and it checked out with Root Check Basic and Superuser.

However using Titianium Backup to uninstall programs usually doesn't work. It says "failed to find apk" which seems consistent with not being rooted.
    HOWEVER, sometimes if I switch over from Astro back to Titanium Backup, text will pop up in the lower 1/4 of the screen saying "titanium backup has been granted superuser", and THEN I can uninstall a program.

EDIT to make it clear, TB says "granted superuser" on startup, but uninstalling a program only works when that text pops up again for a second time while selecting "ok" after clicking uninstall

I'm running 2.3.4
    Gingerbreak.eh02

Thanks for any help

I googled etc everywhere and didn't find a single mention of this specific problem.

Advertisement
  2. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

I had that issue before so I just decided to use root explorer as an alternative to uninstall apps
    maxroach likes this.
  3. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

i ddint use TIBU the first time around, i used a root uninstaller for the playstore. there are some there that automatically back up all the app to the sd upon first starting the sd card. i deleted that being a noob and all back then lol wish i hadnt now xD