Titanium backup vs. My backup pro

1. icedice34

icedice34 Well-Known Member

So I've used the free version of TiBu but never purchased either. Can anyone tell me major differences? They appear to be the same thing. They are both way more than I normally pay for an Android app, so I want to be sure I buy one I'll be happy with. Mybackup pro seems to have some features that TiBu doesn't and vice versa. Thoughts? Please give a reason for one or the other if you can, not just state your favorite.

Advertisement
    :
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

ive never used my backup pro,so i cant really comment on that. every flashoholic needs one or the the other,for sure.

ive used titanium since before my backup pro was an option. since im as tight as anyone else when it comes to app purchasing,ive never bothered to try my backup since titanium does everything i personally need(batch backup and restore,freeze/delete apps/files) and ive allready purchased it.

one feature of titanium that is somewhat useful is the "market doctor" wich will re-associate all your apps to the market. using it will get all your apps back to the "my apps" section of the market,so that they will auto install if you prefer that over restoring them. im not sure if my backup has this same feature,or not.

ive read alot of folks like the ui of my backup better,and i have never read anything bad about its operation.

have you used the free version? that may help you decide wich one you want to buy. youll be fine with either,as both do the most important thing(batch backup/restore of apps and app data) so it will be really a matter of personal preferece.
    chknhwk and WA_Bob like this.
  3. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as Scotty. I've never used my backup pro. I think TiBu was the first app i bought when i began rooting. I was hesitant at first as well because it's more than any app i've paid for. Now that i know what it can do. I would gladly have paid a couple of more dollars for it. It's worth every penny in my opinion.
    WA_Bob and scotty85 like this.
  4. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

I have tried both, and now use Mybackup pro. The navigation seems easier to me. More intuitive, i guess.
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. chknhwk

chknhwk Well-Known Member

I was torn between titanium backup and ROM toolbox. Since I'm a huge fan of Liberty I chose ROM toolbox because it's from one of the guys that helped create it, jrummy. I don't know if it actually does backups as I use it to launch into bootloader and create nandroid backups.
  6. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Not on a Rezound (am on a HTC DHD) but I thought I should mention this here, since this is the top Google Search on Titanium Backup versus My Backup Pro. Initially, I preferred MBP more. It has a cleaner user interface, and it displays files names better. The ability to display long file names is great when going through system apps. What it lacks is a good filtering system (example: display all frozen apps).

There is one deal breaker though with MBP. The backup part of the app works well. When I get to the Toolbox part, doing things there cause instability to my phone, causing it to lag and Sense to reboot/reload. Reboot, or worse a battery pull, of the entire phone sometimes seems necessary to remove the lag. Maybe to heavy on the RAM?

Only gave a quick look at TB. Will give it a longer look.
  7. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

I do not experience any of the issues you describe with MyBackup Pro. It works perfectly for me. HAve you tried removing, then reinstalling it?
  8. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

very well could be a RAM issue,the rezound does have considerably more than the DHD(DHD has about 768mb,where the rezund has 1gb :eek:)

i personally would be leery of using anything in the "rom toolbox" anyway.