titanium backup

Last Updated:

1. bigdroiddog

bigdroiddog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am about to go from original kangerade to the newest kangerade with source. I have been through many roms, and i always wipe/data, etc. I also always backup all apps/ data/ system through titanium. I read something a while back in a post which i cannot find about not selecting the red colored items or maybe the green items?I think it may be the red because those are all system apps which will come in the new rom i am flashing. I noticed i had 2 copies of system apps like car home 2.2 and so on, i just wanna be sure before i flash a new rom again.Any fast help on this would be great and much appreciated. thanks

Advertisement
  2. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

i have never bothered with specifically selecting or deselecting anything when i do a batch restore. when i backup i use "Backup all user apps + system data" and when i restore i use "Restore missing apps + all system data." i have never had a problem and i've done this dozens of times across ROMs and versions of Android. it's true that you may have multiple of some system apps sitting there, but if you use the batch restore i mentioned, Ti will only restore system app settings, so it won't try to restore settings for system apps that don't exist (like older versions of system apps).

i'd love to hear if anyone has ever had problems with Ti restoring something wrong that broke the OS. i know people worry about it, but i've never heard of it actually happening.

bigdroiddog likes this.
  3. bigdroiddog

YOu rock man, i waited for a long time for some kind of answer, i myself have done exactly what you have done through many rom changes, but i did read something a while back in a jrummy release thread that had mentioned something about not backing up things in red i do believe, but i wanted ot make sure. i have different copies of adw launcher i found also, i think one is from the market and one may be from a custom rom.

4. GorillaTheHutt

i do usually try to clean out old apps that *i* installed, but no longer use. because of course Ti will happily just reinstall all apps you have ever backed up if you use the batch restore. the system apps i don't worry about, however.

glad to help :)

5. bigdroiddog

Now i had the previous maps 4.2 i think installed, i think they are on 4.3 now, but i think his new rom comes with themed maps to i did not back up my maps, i read about some troubles people were having but i think he has it updated to fix all that now.I hope i did the right thing by not backing up old maps and they new rom comes with fresh maps etc.

6. GorillaTheHutt

you can always just download maps from the market, so i wouldn't sweat it too much.

7. bigdroiddog

everything worked well, did the droid x theme which is sweet and the black bar mod, now installing the cheveyno1 ulv1.2 7 slot kernal and hope for a good reboot.