Titanium Backup

Last Updated:

1. shawn418

shawn418 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just switched ROM's to Fresh 2.3.3 and used Titanium Backup. My question is, is it usually necessary to have to go in and redo all your icons? It looked like the programs were there but the icons looked funny. Also using ADW.

Advertisement
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I'm not really sure what you mean "redo", but usually when I do a batch restore with ti backup, I let it finish, then reboot and all is well.

3. shawn418

That may have been my problem. I didn't reboot. When I say redo, I went in and put new shortcuts on my screens.

4. 330D

That is where it gets tricky, because if you saved data, and apps when you originally did the backup, and then you changed the widgets and icons around to a different setup, Ti backup will always try to apply the old setup, and wreck your new one. So to keep the new one you have to set it up, then do a backup, then reboot.

5. shawn418

Yes I understand that. What I was saying that the icon was there but the icon wasn't the (original) icon if you know what I mean.

Also I backed up everything, does this include call history and text messages?

6. shawn418

Just re-ran T.B. and then rebooted. Icons were there but widgets say "Problem loading widget". What causes this?

7. 330D

Like an updated icon? Or an older icon from before you last updated your apps? Either the app was updated since you made the backup, and you got the new icon, or Ti backup kept the old icon like from before you updated...
    Ti backup works very well, but is a little bit funky to figure out sometimes....

8. shawn418

The icon after backup was a folder and gear with the app name under it. When clicked the app worked fine.

I understand some apps are finicky and require a little "Love". As far as the widgets, I just looked on the T.B. website and it said I may have to adjust the widgets.

9. 330D

Yeah, I don't really have a definitive answer for you, other than it always takes a little bit of finagling to get it back the way it was.... It always works, though, and I am so happy to have it every time I switch to a new rom....

10. shawn418

Thanks for the info. Got my call history and texts back. Now just waiting on Facebook to synch and get pictures back for my contacts.

11. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

I've always gotten the "problem loading widget" when I flash a new ROM and then restore with titanium. Even with Launcher Pro's homescreen backup feature.