Titanium Backup

Last Updated:

1. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you use this program to back up, then I swap ROMs, will Titanium Restore EVERYTHING back to how it was before I flashed with a new ROM?

All texts/emails/apps etc?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It's supposed to but never quite works put like that for me. Take a mybackup pro backup too to be sure. Theres a 30 day trial on the market

Rogue likes this.
  3. Rogue

You should change your signature then mate! lol

I'll try that, cheers :)

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I stopped using titanium back up myself as it often installed add on parts from previous roms, also i have found it better to install your apps manually instead.

5. SUroot

It does indeed. You have to be very selective about what you restore, which kind of spoils the whole batch feature.

I thought about changing my sig, but I'm not sure that Mybackup restores the Market Links. It does a really good job on SMS, homescreens etc.

Personally I don't use mybackup, but I do find it much more intuitive to use.

I still take titanium backups, but pray that I never have to use them.

6. Jay-qu

Jay-qu Member

I recently changed roms and did both a titanium and mybackup, the mybackup failed (said something about it not being able to parse the list) and after doing a full titanium restore my phone got stuck in a force close loop when it was booted. I had to re-install the rom and then selectively choose what to restore from titanium.. I still havent restored many things in fear it will happen again - including sms's (but I only lost a week so I dont mind).

Does anyone know what item sms data is saved under in titanium?

7. SUroot

well theres something called "[sms/mms prefs] messaging" and also "[sms/mms/apn] dialer storage" Maybe its under one of those?

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

When you restore using titanium, after moving to a different type of rom, you need to be selective with what you restore. It backs up EVERYTHING, so you may not want to restore phone services on the new rom as you'll likely suffer FC's.

Titanium is awesome, I have like 200 apps i can't restore those manually. Also titanium restores the apps data. You cant do that any other way

9. Rogue

Is it doesn't seem like there is a clear way to do a good backup and restore after moving ROM's. Kinda got to do a mixture if you can??