Titanium Backup

Last Updated:

1. prj

prj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 26, 2010
    I'm confused. I see all of these threads about using Titanium backup to backup all your apps etc. when switching to a new ROM.

In my experience so far with rooting, Google has been backing up all my apps etc. and then restoring them all every time I try a new ROM.

What is the advantage of Titanium?

2. greenmunky

greenmunky Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Titanium will restore all your apps with one click, along with their associated data as well as system settings. If you begin restoring your apps from the market, one at a time, you run the risk of losing them if you back yourself out of the market before downloading them all and try to go back to download the rest. Its a flaw but they will only appear in the market under your "downloads" the first time you view them. If you leave the market app and come back a second time before you've retrieved them all they will not be there.
  3. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Titanium also works well if you have apps that were not downloaded from the Market. Other advantages include backing up the data and settings of the app, which Google doesn't do. It also has settings for moving the applications to the SD card, batch backup and restore, and Market Doctor (in case one of the roms you flash to disconnects your app from the Market, you can force attach it back). Not every rom resets all your applications. I've flashed some roms where it downloaded literally 2 apps back. It's also handy to schedule app backups in case there is an update of the app that has a bug in it, you can just revert back to the previous version that worked for you. Honestly, it's one of the very few apps that I can't do without and that I've actually donated to the developer for the Donate version as it has a couple of more features and works much quicker.

Heh, just woke up and looks like I was a little slow to the punch ;)
  4. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    key examples of non-market apps which I need/want backed up WITH settings saved:

free vers. of setCPU
    wireless tether

it also is a pretty handy app uninstaller