• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just a quick question. I did some searching and never found a straight up answer so I thought I'd turn to you guys...

Will titanium backup restore the market links with the apps so that I can still receive market updates?

I want to change ROMS without having to make a list of my current apps and reinstall each one. But I still want the ability to restore and get updates for all the apps I have.

And one other question, when I backup my apps, and then do a nandroid restore I assume Titanium backup will need to be reinstalled. Once I do this will I still be able to restore the apps from the SD card?

Thanks in advance everyone.

There is a market link fixer in the donation version of the app. So yes it will fix the links after a restore.

Yes you will need to reinstall Titanium backup and you can get your apps reinstalled from the SD card.

Its well worth the $4. The paid version runs WAY faster too. WAY!

Upvote 0
You didn't find an answer to your first question because it doesn't apply to Titanium ( or any other backup util that may be used). If you have any application installed and that is also listed in the Market, if there is an update for it you will see it listed no matter how the application came to exist on your phone ( installed from Market, restored from a backup or even installed with some other method ).

You are correct about needing to reinstall Titanium after flashing to a new ROM if you opted to clear the data/system area's of your phone ( which is the most recommended method in order to avoid certain issues ).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones