Titanium, Clockworkmod Recover, MyBackup Pro, Astro, AppBrain...overkill/redundant??

Last Updated:

1. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 21, 2010

I've read posts comparing MyBackup Pro vs Titanium Backup with the options and similarities (and personal preferences) but was wondering, if one uses EITHER MyBackup Pro or Titanium is ANY OTHER BACKUP necessary such as through Astro or using AppBrain for your apps?? I understand the convenience and use of having AppBrain for your apps but is someone going to use AppBrain to RESTORE apps if MyBackup Pro and/or Titanium is used??

2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I use Titanium Backup and AppBrain, I'll do a backup (sync) with both before I flash a new ROM. If the ROM I'm currently running is one I think I may want to go back to then I'll also do a nand backup. So each time before I root I always make 2 backups (I'm not sure that AppBrain really qualifies as a backup, but it at least knows what apps I had), and sometimes 3.
    I only restore from AppBrain if for some reason my TB backup doesn't take. In all the times I've used it I've only had that happen once, which I'm sure was user error. :)