• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium not working since SU update...

epicaricacy

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
since upgrading superuser to 3.0, I can no longer access Titanium Pro

It says it has root permissions in superuser, but Titanium Backup says it cannot acquire root priveleges.

I ununstalled and reinstalled both programs, then TB would hang at the asking for root permissions screen first time. Next time I go in, it gives me the error about no priveleges. If I click switch Profile, I get asked to give it su permissions, which I click allow and tell it to remember, but it still gives me the same error. After a phone reboot, it goes back to sticking on the 'asking for root access' screen.

I used Rootchecker to check my access, it tells me Busybox is installed correctly and that I have root access. Juice Defender continues to work fine as well in the areas requiring root access, as do the adblock programs

I have no idea at all what to do! Please help

since upgrading superuser to 3.0, I can no longer access Titanium Pro

It says it has root permissions in superuser, but Titanium Backup says it cannot acquire root priveleges.

I ununstalled and reinstalled both programs, then TB would hang at the asking for root permissions screen first time. Next time I go in, it gives me the error about no priveleges. If I click switch Profile, I get asked to give it su permissions, which I click allow and tell it to remember, but it still gives me the same error. After a phone reboot, it goes back to sticking on the 'asking for root access' screen.

I used Rootchecker to check my access, it tells me Busybox is installed correctly and that I have root access. Juice Defender continues to work fine as well in the areas requiring root access, as do the adblock programs

I have no idea at all what to do! Please help…

epicaricacy

Go back to version 2.3.6.3 of SUPERUSER (available via the app ROM MANAGER) & everything should work properly.

Edit:If you still have issues w/either version of SUPERUSER,download SUPERUSER UPDATE FIXER from the ANDROID MARKET & you may be able to use the latest version of SUPERUSER(3.0).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones