Titanium Restore - what am I missing?

Last Updated:

1. jpeg42

jpeg42 Member This Topic's Starter

So I rooted and removed some of the bloatware apps (warning, noob to android here):

- First, I downloaded Titanium Backup and let it install the latest version of busy box.
    - Then I clicked on each item to do a backup.

Now, for instance, I want to reinstall MobiTV. Not a necessity honestly, just want to see if it works.

- I go into the menu and select batch
    - Then I select 'Restore All apps with Data'. I deselect everything except '[not installed] MobiTV 3.2.0'
    - I reboot and do not have the application icon in my apps. If I go into the system menu, it just says "com.mobitv.client.tv", so it seems the application is not really re-installed, just a stub for the entry.

Did I incorrectly understand what Titanium does? Or do I just need to get the paid version to actually reinstall the application? If so, I will gladly do it and support the developers. Just want to make sure the functionality is actually there with the steps I have taken.

Advertisement
  2. Argastes

Argastes Member

If you go into the Menu and click on Legend, you will see that every AT&T app you try to remove only displays a check mark (data only) instead of a smiley face (application + data). Therefore, the application itself was never backed up. I believe this happens to everyone, except they never checked the legend or try re-installing, and assumed the application was fully backed up.

3. jpeg42

jpeg42 Member This Topic's Starter

You are right. Bummer. I should have just done it the real way. Well, lesson learned with something I won't ever use.

4. KappaG9

KappaG9 Well-Known Member

yeah i did the same. Only thing that bothers me is that if i have to return it for some reason i will have to find a way to get the ATT apps back