tmo hotspots & starbucks

Last Updated:

1. simmcrd

simmcrd Active Member This Topic's Starter

Why does the HotSpot Locator still displays Starbucks as a tmo hotspot? The mgrs of the @ Starbucks I frequent ensure me that their stores have migrated to AT&T.

Advertisement
  2. noderat

noderat Active Member

They sure have, and just as you can let your cell phone roam on AT&T you can let your G1 roam on AT&T Wifi. Roaming agreements rock, eh?

3. Haze23

Haze23 Member

Do you just turn on you wifi or do you need to log in through the site? It is making me use the site. One day I had a hotspot symbol, now it is gone. Any suggestions?

4. simmcrd

simmcrd Active Member This Topic's Starter

The answer to your question is to go into settings -> wireless , enable wifi & also enable unsecured wifi.

As for my original question I guess Io wasn't specific enough. I need to know if I still can hookup my LAPTOP to tmobile at Starbucks.

5. Haze23

Haze23 Member

Yes, you should use you phone # for your user name and last four of your social for your password.
    That is how I conected with my wing.

6. ppcinfo

ppcinfo Member

So, are you saying that if I get a G1 phone from T-Mobile with a data plan, I can use my laptop to connect to a hotspot (T-mobile or AT&T at Starbucks) for no additional cost? If that's true, that would be a great added bonus!

ppcinfo