Tmo MetroPCS Merger-[UPDATE] Shareholders approve merger


Last Updated:

  1. Atma

    Atma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2011
    Messages:
    6,069
    Likes Received:
    2,899
    - Tmo News


    UPDATE: Deutsche Telekom has confirmed that MetroPCS's shareholders have approved of the deal. DT CEO Ren
     

    Advertisement
  2. KOLIO

    KOLIO Guides Guide

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2011
    Messages:
    7,528
    Likes Received:
    4,456
  3. Atma

    Atma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2011
    Messages:
    6,069
    Likes Received:
    2,899
  4. thebryceee

    thebryceee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,245
    Likes Received:
    233
  5. Atma

    Atma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2011
    Messages:
    6,069
    Likes Received:
    2,899
    MetroPCS's stockholders will receive a cash payment of $1.5 billion along with a 26 percent stake in the new company.

    Somebody just made a lot of money.
     
  6. SuperAfnan

    SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1,089
    Likes Received:
    197
    I wish I was a stakeholder. :p
     
  7. epp

    epp Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2012
    Messages:
    208
    Likes Received:
    18
    metroPCS shareholders will receive $4.06/share cash, the stock will reverse split 1-for-2 and will then trade as T-Mobile US, Inc. The New York Stock Exchange ticker symbol for the T-Mobile US shares, will be TMUS. Deutsche Telekom will own 74% of the shares and the lockup period (they agree not to sell any shares) is 18 months. metroPCS shareholders will own the remaining 26%.

    The interesting vote to occur was proposal 11 on change-in-control payments to the metroPCS executives. Although it also passed, the votes against were in the hundred-millions, versus the vote counts for the other 10 proposals.

    MetroPCS - Investor Relations - Press Release
     

Share This Page

Loading...