Tmobile 3g plan

Last Updated:

1. Nowakezone

Nowakezone Member This Topic's Starter

I went from a Mytouch to a Nexus one. So i had a mytouch data plan. I called tmobile the other day for somethng else and told them i have a nexus one phone and they said we need to move you to the android data plan. So they moved me from the mytouch data plan to the android data plan. I realize they are both android but now it seems like my data connections are slower. Does anyone know what the difference is or what the best data plan to be on is?

Advertisement
  2. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

why did you feel the need to tell them what phone your sim is in?

3. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

you can easily switch it back yourself by going to my.t-mobile.com... surprisingly easy to just switch your plan over... just select the myTouch as YOUR phone... (it won't realise that's not your phone right away... as you can select a Blackberry, etc... just pick the "Not your Phone?" button... trust me, i've tried it ;)

4. Nowakezone

Nowakezone Member This Topic's Starter

I know i can switch it. I was just wondering if there was a difference? As for why i told them was because i was calling about getting insurance on my phone and they asked me about it.

5. mi_canuck

you should have told them none of their business...

6. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. ive noticed that my speeds are slower too. my mytouch would consistently get around 1MB down and with the nexus, it is only about half of that. hmmm :confused:

I just called and had them switch it back to the mt3g plan...didnt know there was a difference between the android plan and 'mytouch' plan... o well..

7. mi_canuck

i'm getting about 900kbps down and i'm on the 'Android' plan... i doubt there's a difference...

maybe try switching the APN from epc.tmobile.com to internet2.voicestream.com...

8. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

ill give that a try and see if it helps...thanks