• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tmobile customer retention plan

larryccf

Nov 14, 2009
just thought i'd pass this on, after reading some of the prices folks have posted paying for their plans

i've got two lines under the family plan, with no contract (contract expired good time ago - i've been with Tmobile since 2003)
anyway, i decided i had to shrink my costs - we were paying $149 for 3000 minutes and data svc (web access) as i use my phone as a modem for web access

called in to Tmobile customer svc with what i needed to do, basically kill one line and probably web access as well - they confirmed i was not under any contract and then proceeded to tell me they had an unadvertised "customer retention plan"

basically, for $88 i'm getting unlimited on two phone lines and for $20 more unlimited web access, total of $108, so basically a 35% reduction in costs with an increase in svc, ie unlimited minutes on voice"

and still on a "no contract" basis - they did say this new price plan would only be for six months and we'd both review the situation at that time, but this economy won't be rebounding in six months - not being pessimistic, just realistic

i think the logic is, keep some money coming in from a customer vs none if customer leaves

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones