Tmobile-MetroPCS Merger Updates & Questions

1. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

[​IMG]

So I'm starting this thread since the merger is very close to being complete & more new info should be released in the coming months. This way we don't have to make a new thread for every update or question about the merger like we have been doing so far and so the info isn't scattered across the forum.

Overview of initial announment of merger.

If all goes according to Deutsche Telekom

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gman9831

I'll start out with this info that was in a slideshow at a DT investor conference last month.
    uploadfromtaptalk1359151447845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359151422283.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359151507858.jpg

I have real faith in this merger since they're predicting 80%-90% of their growth will be with the prepaid segment

Also as you can see they expect the merger to close by April 24, 2013

I'm excited for the merger since 2013 is their year of investing in their network with 2012- 4billion
    2013- 4.8billion
    2014-2015 6Billion (combined total for both years)
    trekleech, Twin Prime, Kid09 and 3 others like this.
  3. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

Keep us posted..
  4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

After several months of trying out many GSM and MVNO's I can honestly say that Tmobile is where it's at. Even though their coverage area is smaller, it is by far way more effective. Combine that with their plan pricing and it's a win win. It's going to be interesting to see the final outcome of the merge. If Metro can keep it's customers then these 2 are going to stir the pot big time.
  5. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

They are running TMobile commercials here that say No Annual Contract and it's not clear to me from the commercial that they mean separate from their current contract plans.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  6. Gman9831

7. Gman9831

I heard AT&T ST is getting discontinued for areas with more than just AT&T, only GSM part left would be tmobile

I reallly think they only stuck with AT&T because it was the only way you could of got 4G HSPA+ on iPhones but now tmobile is refarming with 1900PCS so now iPhones can get HSPA & they're getting like 4x the speed of AT&T HSPA on the iPhone
  8. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

when i was gunna leave sprint i was was going to go to simple mobile, unl tmobile at metropcs prices but with fast hspa+ speeds :)
  9. Gman9831

I can confirm the top 2
    *Credit goes to RunWithWoods over in XDA & milan03 over in HF
    *LTE on T-Mobile in Kansas City isnt supposed to be released for atleast 2 weeks at the minimum so the towers probably arent even fully configured yet

Attached Files:

10. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

anyone knows when the gs3 will be able to pick up tmobile towers? i've noticed speed increases in the orlando area in certain spots..reaching 9-14mbs!
  11. Gman9831

Not till after the merger is finalized but I know just south of apopka when I was there the other day I was getting like 10mbps
    But if your on stock or metropolis rom can you put *#0011# in the dialer and tell me what it says next to LTE RRC:
    And also LTE DL BW:
  12. Gman9831

Also tmobile isnt testing LTE there just yet
  13. Fuzzy13

mike28 likes this.
  14. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

15. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

t-mobile got 4g but i suppose we would have to see how much data we really use monthly.

cuz some people really take the terms Unlimited literally ;)

[​IMG]
  16. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Lol seguro is that you?
  17. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Not me that's Ricky just making a statement lol I don't tether anymore since I got verizon fios but who knows what the future brings might need my tethering back.
  18. Gman9831

On GoSmart the "high speed web" is on HSPA+ capped @1mbps so far that's what they've been saying over in HowardForums though
  19. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Well in that case I rather have lte coverage
  20. Gman9831

21. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

22. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

On average the past 3 months ive beem using 17-19gbs a month..but i have no wifi :(
  23. Fuzzy13

I'm just glad to see t mobile moving towards primarily pre paid. The more the better ;)
  24. g0lden

g0lden Well-Known Member

Do you know if we would be able to keep our current plans if we get a T-Mobile phone?
  25. Gman9831

Honestly i think a lot of information will come out at metros 4Q 2012 quarterly earnings/conference @the end of this month . Normally they do it a week or so after the quarter ends, there has to be a reason why they're doing it 2 months after it ends.