Tmobile-MetroPCS Merger Updates & Questions

1. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I couldn't use 5gb a month if I tried. Lol. I average about 2 to 3 but I also don't use my phone as a tv and radio.
  2. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

Subscribed:beer:
  3. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't normally use that much but I will say I was at a buddy's house the other day and his wifi was acting up so we used my phone to watch I think hulu plus over his xbox. We watched wrestling an episode of raw and it used about a gig and a half.
  4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

The transaction significantly accelerates T-Mobile’s Challenger Strategy and the combined company will be a strong, national competitor by:
    • Combining T-Mobile and MetroPCS’ complementary spectrum to provide greater network coverage, deeper LTE network deployment and a path to at least 20x20 MHz of 4GLTE in many areas. Existing MetroPCS customers will be migrated to a common LTE-based network as they upgrade their handsets
    • Increasing scale, which allows the combined company to secure more compelling handsets, content and applications
    • Projecting approximately $6-7 billon (net present value) of cost synergies & additional upside from revenue synergies
    • Capitalizing on its leading position as a provider of fast growing no-contract services
    • Offering a wider selection of attractive, competitively priced plans to better serve the marketplace, including contract, no-contract monthly, SIM-only, pay-as-you-go & mobile broadband services
    • Using its stronger network to advance its MVNO platform.
    • Introducing MetroPCS’ plans & services to a larger number of new areas to complement T-Mobile’s offerings
    You can get a T-Mobile phone then put your SIM card in, doesnt even need to be unlocked
    Twin Prime likes this.
  5. elcocho852

elcocho852 Well-Known Member

So i could buy a t-mobile gs3 and just put my metropcs 4g sim card and it will work..
  6. Gman9831

Right now no. Not much info so far but we'll see in the coming months. Also Tmobile Galaxy S3 LTE coming anywhere from 3/27-4/3
  7. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

soo tense! want information!!! it's like waiting for information on the new xbox and ps4!
  8. dermo529

dermo529 Active Member

How is this merge going to work? Metro is CDMA while Tmobile is GSM. Is Metro going to be pushed over to the TMobile GSM network? If so, will our CDMA phones become paperweights?
  9. Gman9831

Edited the OP
  10. dermo529

dermo529 Active Member

Thanks. To add to this, after further research... The AWS LTE is completely cross compatible, no issue there. CDMA will (in about three years) be shut down as OP said.

Though the TMobile phones will have access to Metro's LTE, T-Mobile is (currently) planning to decommission MetroPCS towers, and T-Mobile runs their AWS towers about 12db underpowered. (This is part of why MetroPCS shows more coverage than T-Mobile).

T-Mobile claims that Metro users will be able to use TMO LTE, but not the other way around. (This isn't a network issue, this is just T-Mobile not having their act together just yet)
  11. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

When they merge does that mean more coverage? Since putting 2 company's together more towers?
  12. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

More towers + more spectrum = More coverage
  13. Gman9831

T-Mobile has confirmed, however, that those customers won
  14. Gman9831

15. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

Wait if I'm a T-Mobile customer I won't be able to use metropcs' preexisting LTE? That's stupid... I get the feeling it will be a long time before T-Mobile rolls out their own 4G lte since my city is less than 100k
  16. Gman9831

What city?
    But maybe t-mobile will come to their senses
  17. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

T-Mobile is did/are releasing 4G Lte, there are couple towers up in vegas and somewhere on the east coast...
  18. Gman9831

There's supposedly towers up in vegas but all the speedtest so far are from Kansas City
  19. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

A week ago, the guy at the Auth dealer near me who knew enough to do a network reset said we were getting 6 new towers around here.

It does seem like my signal has picked up a bit and got a bit more consistent
    too. Not any of the Dallas speeds but 3-5 Mps which is fine for me. I've come close a few times to breaking 6.Whee!

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  20. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

Texarkana, TX: it's a major hub for people traveling between Dallas, Shreveport, and Little Rock.
  21. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Tampa's lte is going up from 3ghz to 5ghz but shhh I didn't say anything lolz ;)
    Gman9831 likes this.
  22. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Stop reading my personal emails :p
  23. Gman9831

GHz? Lol there's not even that much commercially available spectrum in the world. But 5MHz, welcome to possible double digits(Mbps) land :p. Is there anymore information that I can say I didn't hear from you that you can divulge upon us? ;)