Tmobile-MetroPCS Merger Updates & Questions

1. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

I think what I posted right here is correct since both metro & tmobile will be hosting it February 28, 2013
  2. Gman9831

T-Mobile LTE getting better as we speak [​IMG]
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Now that's more like it :D
  4. mannyfbaby

mannyfbaby Active Member

when the merge happens will i get better service speeds, not including my area or anything but in general i have the gs3:smokingsomb:
  5. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Yes :)
  6. Gman9831

While March 14th may be a big day for Android & Samsung owners around the world, it
    Chrisn77, Twin Prime and mike28 like this.
  7. rymes14

rymes14 Active Member

Which metro phones will be compatible with t mobiles network?.
  8. Gman9831

Other than the LTE network so far none, maybe the S3 but that would be it. But there are some phones with VoLTE that arent gonna need the CDMA network.
  9. Gman9831

For all the people that are interested in the behind the scenes money/debt action here ya go just click show. I hid it because its very long ( I didnt even read all of it) anyways heres the original source: official T-Mobile USA LTE thread
    This very complex language seems to state that the notes, being unsecured, are guaranteed by the credit of the company itself. The gist of it appears to be that the notes are long-term, maturing @least @the end of the decade, or further out. This means that the $15B notes don't have to be paid off all @once or mostly right away. T-Mobile is betting that its recent work to embrace MVNOs, MVNEs, B2B, enterprises, & M2M will provide it with enough cash @the end of each payment period to pay them off. These notes are probably the result of DT partially divesting itself of T-Mobile . That being said, it's entirely possible that some of these notes are part of the debt that DT assumed when it acquired VoiceStream Wireless 10 years ago. T-Mobile , being technically a privately-owned company, was never required to divulge the internal debt it incurred when using DT money to keep the business running. Now it has to disclose that information.
    It's interesting that DT is using the Sprint-Nextel Corp. as a marker for the value of the notes for the reset point. Not entirely sure why, but it seems like DT is aiming to use Sprint's performance as #3 as a good indicator against T-Mobile. If T-Mobile surpasses Sprint, then the value of the notes will fall & T-Mobile has to repay even less. This performance-based marker motivates the team to work to quickly surpass Sprint & maintain the lead.
    While the $15B is worrying, it is a good sign that it's all with DT. DT can choose to "forgive" some of the debt arbitrarily in order to improve the financial goodwill between T-Mobile & DT. Additionally, the notes act as a constraint of DT, forcing them to keep with T-Mobile & really work @improving the company. This was almost certainly included on the insistance of the MetroPCS execs & the board.
    This is pretty standard. DT is buying out all of MetroPCS' debt & paying it off. In turn, the $2.5B of debt that DT pays off will be included in the $15B of notes issued by DT to the merged entity. Any additional debt that DT has to pay off will be added on top of the $15B. If there's less than $2.5B of debt, then the $15B goes down. They did this for the VoiceStream+Omnipoint acquisition to create T-Mobile in the first place. It's quite likely that the debt will go down @least a little bit because MetroPCS is cash positive right now.
    So this means that the MetroPCS can issue up to $1B of unsecured notes to raise funding prior to the closing of the deal. If these notes are not all sold off before closing, then DT will buy them & raise the amount of notes issued to the new company. However, that would be bad. If DT winds up buying any of that, then merged entity is on the hook to pay 15% of the commitment amount back to DT on the 2nd business day of operation.
    Personally, I'm not too worried about the $15B. What I'm worried about is the additional $1B. MetroPCS needs to ensure that there's high confidence among those in the debt markets that the company participates in, so that those notes are bought right away. Of course, if MetroPCS doesn't issue the additional $1B of notes, then we're safe too.
    With the large economic scale & powerful LTE network (& a broad high-speed mobile network, hopefully), all it takes is improved brand perception & a lot more subscribers. If the merged entity can take people away from Sprint & AT&T in large enough numbers a quarter, then it will be a wonderful success.
    Twin Prime likes this.
  10. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

Dear Lord:afraid:, it looks like a cellular testament :p
  11. FloridaNoob

FloridaNoob Member

Any new updates on the status of the merger such as litigation filed by share holders....etc.
  12. Gman9831

13. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Pfttt. I'm not impressed. $70 for unlimited everything and that's Limited to 12G. They are nuts.

I think the "big boys" are going to have to make a bigger price drop than that to lure people off of contract. They are still subsidizing phones on reup so if you don't drop the monthly a nice amount it makes Some sense to Stay on contract.

All TMo has done here is the same thing Verizon recently rolled out, super uber-nuclur tailoring of your plan costs to what your needs really are.

Yawn. :rolleyes:

I'll stick with my upcoming share of the TMo teat for the same price as now. :D [1]

[1] Assuming it snows in hell and the merger makes it thru...

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  14. Gman9831

The unlimited plan isnt limited to 12GB
  15. OcalaFlGuy

Yep, my mistake. I was looking at the ala carte part.

Still, that doesn't IMO change the jist of my position above.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  16. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

i have some concerns over what this will do to their current plan lineup. i was hoping to hop on tmobiles 30 dollar a month plan with my very old g2, hopefully i can get over and grandfathered before they cut it off :O
  17. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Well-Known Member

Yeah hopefully they keep that plan as they make good money of of it
  18. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I tried it and the 100 minutes a month worked but honestly it was always bugging me everytime I would make a call. The extra 10 bucks was worth it to not worry about the minutes. The 5 gigs was why I jumped on but last month I topped out right at 5 gigs which is the most Ive ever used. So I'd just rather pay the $40 for ST.

But that $30 plan is great and is very popular. i don't see them getting rid of it. I see them bringing in more like it. maybe. Who knows.
  19. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

for me i already have grooveip pro setup and it works wonderfully as a voip solution, only thing that would get ruined is MMS but 2 people only send me those and they have android devices, its just as easy to tap gmail instead of messaging :)
  20. narutoninjakid

I heard straight talk throttles a lot what's their policy ?
  21. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Well-Known Member

Do hulu got TNA???
  22. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

Umm I'm not sure sorry.
  23. OcalaFlGuy

24. narutoninjakid

So would i be getting the better deal b going with the tmobile s3 rather than metro. From my experience on esteem metro 4g never passed 8-10 mbs. I see however the tmobile version gets higher speeds. I was gonna go with the Tmobile s3 on the $30 plan as i rarely talk but i use data and the cap is 5GB's. i believe that metro's cap is 2gb however. so im stuck. I think the Tmobile s3 is the better deal however. Will the merger improve Metro's speed for their s3 or only the tmobile side. P.S i live in Newark, NJ so i get metro 4g from New York.