• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To all Atrix owners who have had issues...and How i fixed all of mine

dvigue

May 4, 2010
Maine
i got the atrix last week. and i was thinking of returning it cause i was having signal issues, wifi issues, adn it was jsut running crappy compared to my inspire...i read ALLOT this weekend on various sites and i must say after doing all the the stuff mentioned below this is new phone. i am so happy i spent some time on it and worked at it. This phone is the best i have owned and i have owened almost all android GSM phones along with balckberrys and iphones. I am running the Motorolla stock launcher and it is nice and fast..

ANyone having issues Please try this before returning

1. SBF to 1.2.6 THIS made the WORLD of diffrence. dont ask me how, but it did. Here is a link to the guide and files. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991072

2. Root and install Titanium Pro(you must have PRO to freeze)

3. Freeze all Apps from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=972459 link. pay attention to the ones you freeze depending on what you will use.

4. My 3g/EDGE issues with the handoffs was solved by changing the UMTS settings to "2g only" and NOT selecting "automatic" for operator. More on that here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1011515 ...... i dont loose my signal at all now when it hands off.

**now i know some wont want to do this but i get crappy 3g where i am so i dont care not to have 3g**

5. for my WIFI issue (Wifi having trouble connecting after phone is woken up) i went in to WIFI Settings, then click the bottom left button, then advanced and disabled WIFI sleep. That did it for me.

This phone is still running blur - all the apps, widgets i froze and runs perfect. i am super happy. VERY fast and INCREDIBLE battery Life...Please try all of this before posting its junk and you returned it. I am jsut saying that this made the world of diffrecne for me and i hope it does for all of you as well..

Good luck!!

Reactions: james27007
Ok I still have a question no one seems to be able to answer, people keep talking about 3G and edge but my atrix has been connecting to the H+ network, has my phone been updated already or is this a glitch? The GF has a crappy backflip and tonight it was on 3G with mine showing H+ so its not the area, just wondering if anyone else has seen this at all.

Upvote 0
Ok I still have a question no one seems to be able to answer, people keep talking about 3G and edge but my atrix has been connecting to the H+ network, has my phone been updated already or is this a glitch? The GF has a crappy backflip and tonight it was on 3G with mine showing H+ so its not the area, just wondering if anyone else has seen this at all.

Mine only shows H+ also. Moto. tech support was surprised when I told him I was on H+ while we were trying to solve the wifi issue.

Upvote 0
Mine only shows H+ also. Moto. tech support was surprised when I told him I was on H+ while we were trying to solve the wifi issue.

Mine has always showed H+ in the Norcal area. Only time it doesn't is when you turn on airplane mode and then wifi (yes Moto says it's not supposed to work but it works great if I'm having trouble finding an app on the Market. It seems to remove carrier filters?) The H+ means it's connected to the their fake HSPA+ "4G" part of the network, which is rolled out to 98% of AT&T's network (supposedly).

Flashing a fresh 26 SBF solved SOOOO MANY problems for me. Out of the box I was having random reboots once a week, bluetooth issues out the wazoo, and my music player was borking up so bad. I was about ready to take it back when the update came out. It made my Atrix function EVEN WORSE (HSPA+ radio kept turning off and on, WiFi issues galore, and horrific battery life).

Also, buy the full version of Titanium Backup folks. Seriously, $6 is worth the 2+ hours you'll spend restoring your phone. Plus freezing all of the useless Blur garbage saves battery. And don't forget to go to settings -> battery manager and adjust settings there as well. Just tweaking that I squeezed over 17+ hours of HEAVY phone use on wifi.

Upvote 0
H+ means you are connected to 3G or higher. It does not mean 4G. I work for AT&T corporate and use the Atrix for my company phone and I can assure you that it is not 4G. Here is what our company gives to us to tell our customers.

What is this icon on my phone screen called "H+"?
The "H+" icon is a network indicator. When present, it lets you know that your phone is operating on our 3G or 4G network (where available).

Will that "H+" icon ever change to something else? If so, what other icons might I expect to see and what do they mean?
The H+ icon will remain lit while connected to either our 3G mobile broadband or 4G network (where available). Should you travel outside of those coverage areas or experience extreme network congestion, the icon may display EDGE or E while on our 2G data network or, in some instances, it will display GSM.

How will I know if I'm on the 4G network versus AT&T's 3G network? Is there any visual indicator on the phone screen?
While there is no visual indicator on the phone screen that differentiates between 3G and 4G data speeds, your videos and streaming movies will download/play even faster, Web sites will load even faster, and large files will download faster when 4G is in use.

Upvote 0
Hi Droiders . im a noob to android, just got my Atrix 2 days ago .. it was locked to bell but i got it unlocked from the person i bought it from. i love the phone and all but it seems slow and internet doesnt get great connection like my 3gs did . the Market gets error from server alot .. the tip up top might help these problems but i just dont know whats all the SBF , rooting , freezing ( im guessing that stops the apps? ) ..

thanks for any helps . much appreciated !!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones