To all Handcent SMS users...General

Last Updated:

1. shenghaiknight

shenghaiknight New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a feature that just seemed to disappear :confused: from Handcent SMS.

Before, when I composed a message in the app or using quick compose (long press search button), there would be a drop down list of possible choices when I began typing in the "To:" field. For example, if I typed "k", it would show names beginning with "k". But now the feature is gone and it really sucks when I want to compose a text.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it Handcent's problem or a software problem (v2.1 bug?), and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I have the most current version of Handcent, and I'm on the 2.1v3 leak. The drop down is still there for me. I just took a quick look through the app settings and didn't see anything obvious to turn on or off. Maybe you could try uninstalling then reinstalling Handcent to see if that solves the problem.

shenghaiknight likes this.
  3. raphifix

raphifix Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem (2.1 root). When I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, however, it was fine. Try that.

shenghaiknight likes this.
  4. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

Go into settings, then search, then searchable items, and check people for one. check hand scent if its there. And others. You'll see when you get there.

5. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

Just tried it. Says I need to enable quick compose in settings. Found under settings> send message settings> then quick compose is at bottom by camera trigger. BTW im on 2.1 ota running handcent v3.1. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

6. shenghaiknight

shenghaiknight New Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys! i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it works :D

7. ErisUser539

ErisUser539 Active Member

working fine on mine. Try uninstalling it, reinstalling and rebooting. That sometimes fixes it.

8. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member