• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root To all the rooted users out there...

cbEck

Dec 5, 2010
For the last week I've been reading up on rooting, roms, kernals, flashing (not that kind! :eek:), etc...I'm really close to taking the plunge on rooting.

Which brings me to this: If you are rooted could you let me know what you're running on your phone, and what are the biggest problems you've had running that particular software?

I ask because I'm most interested in using Froyo with Super Clean, but this sleep of death bug has be a bit wary. Really any crippling bug gives me concern. I really need my phone to be reliable and stable, so I'm trying to find what the most stable way to run bloat free Froyo. Hopefully this method will also be somewhat beginner friendly to do.

Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: ghouLagogo
I think you can find the information you are looking for in the "All Things Root" section.

My intended purpose with this thread was to hopefully see what percentage of rooted users experience stability issues and how often. Even after pouring over the "all things root" section, xda forums, and android central forums, (which I have) I'm not really able to gauge stability. It's usually just the people with issues that speak up.

Thanks tho.

Upvote 0
I've rooted and unrooted my Fascinate several times now. I keep trying to get a better handle on the benefits.

I did that with my old Eris, as well. With that 528Mhz processor, etc, rooting was a Godsend.

But this bigger, faster animal is fine stock, I've found. Benchmarks have lost all holiness with me. ;) Those numbers are impressive with an overclocked handset, but again, no perceivable difference other than the contents of the app drawer.. on mine anyway.

Ymmv. ;)

Upvote 0
Running SC 2.9.2 Voodoo with EnderstSpecial_ver.02 OC 1.2Ghz kernal. I did a complete wipe after installing fixed CWR, and a complete Titanium backup, and a Nandroid backup. Always Back up!! and i always do a complete wipe, clear data factory reset, plus a dalvic wipe and i have NEVER had a sleep problem. I get the best results from a clean install, and suggest everyone do it that way.

Reactions: cbEck
Upvote 0
DaleV..well said and I couldn't agree more.

Cb..I will say some phones seem to like some combinations of roms and kernels whereas others do not, it is a trial and error thing.

The one huge benefit I have gained since rooting is running undervolted kernels thus greatly improving my battery life.
Lastly, I will say the folks on this forum are awesome when, not if if, you need some assistance.
Good luck!

Reactions: cbEck
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones